Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run AVGas in their MX6, if so what ratio of avgas/petrol was used?

There are 2 reasons I want to use Avgas:

1. I used to use it as Injector Cleaner in my Commodore and it does a pretty damn good job.

2. Want to see how much of a performance difference there is. (this is just a curiosity thing)

I dont recommend anyone using Avgas on a regular basis unless you want to melt the injectors but its good for cleaning them and the fuel line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
SideFX - sorry this isn't answering your question directly, but if you can't get any info on Avgas and you want to clean out your injectors in a similar manner buy a product called 104 Octane Booster (get the red bottle).

It's about $25 from Repco/Autobarn type places - I just put a bottle in this week at the suggestion of a mechanic friend. It claims to raise Octane levels by 3 to 5 points. I could notice a difference as I drove away from the fuel station.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the cost of avgas when i was using it in my commodore was about $1/litre.

Its good stuff aviation fuel. Its readily available around my area certain service stations stock it...funny stuff isnt it Aviation fuel at a petrol station, no planes pulling up.

Yea you can also pick it up from the airport nearby service station around there has it also.

I was using a ratio of 35% avgas to 65% petrol

but was more curious what people were using as a ratio in the mx6.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alot of cars that do Calder Park runs also use avgas. How else do you expect them to pull certain times with street cars.

As for fuel injector cleaners I want a good product nothing tacky and cheap, dont know of anything decent myself :(

G

·
i've heard avgas is more 'stable' them prem ulp....

could be good for some insane psi.... perhaps closer to 20.... *thinking....*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts