Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i've been through all the threads on this board and on probetalk.com so please don't tell me to search. i have this alarm and i don't know what the hell to do with it. there's a shitload of wires under the dash and i don't know what goes to what. the system has like 40 wires i have to hook up and i have no idea where. if someone could please help me or point me in a good direction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To Avital or not to Avital...

Which Avital system did you get? 6500? I could tell you exactly how to hook it up, I just did one on my 6... however, I STRONGLY recommend you do not install the avital. Mine was wired perfectly, it took me 3 days to finish, I also installed a door lock actuator for keyless entry... anyway... after about 2 weeks, the thing started get'n screwy, going off when not armed, features like programming wouldn't work. Then, now heres the best part... my sony xplod cd system was hooked up to the same line going to the battery (+ 12) on the alarm and it started smoken last night. I have to take out everything, and I'm gonna go ahead and rewire it all, not to mention take my cd player back. And its all thanks to Avital, I can help you, if you're die hard with it, but I wouldn't recommend it, I'm just leaving mine on cause its already in so I might as well try to fix the problems. And I'd hate to undo all that work :) Goodluck

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i have the 6500 model. yeah i think i still want to do it because i already bought it and everything. yes please dear god tell me how do do it. i don't need the info on the keyless entry though because i don't have an actuator yet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ralph,
I hate to say it but if you had a wire start to smoke is would most likely be because something wasn't wired right. Not trying to flame you but that is 99% of the time the cause for stuff like that happening.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Greg, I agree, you're not flame'n me man :) thats why I'm re-wiring from ground up... so I'll get back to you guys in a day or two when I'm done and tell you the results.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ralph

when you're done with your install could you give me directions to installing mine? maybe note where each wire is located or something, i don't know anything would be very helpful because i don't know where any of it goes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
syliconex, goto bulldog securities in the mean time and check out the wiring diagram of the mx-6, make sure to select to proper year... that should shed a little light on the subject, all you have to do is match the wires from that diagram to the one in your avital manual. From that point you can just fire away with questions :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ralph i have got one of many questions to come..

i have found the yellows/red wire in my door for the factory disarm wire. how do i run the wire there without it being exposed when i open my door?

i'm working on finishing the 12 pin connector first so these are the wires that i can't figure out where they go in the car:

GRAY - Alarm Armed Signal (-) Output
GRAY/BLACK - Remote Start Activated (-) Output
LIGHT BLUE - Channel 6 (-) Output
Blue Yellow - Channel 9 (-) Output

[Edited by syliconex on 03-15-2001 at 04:04 PM]

·
Registered
57 Posts
thats a tough one... to run the wire through the factory tubing takes a little work. I just skipped that step... bought a little piece of tubing form discount auto, and ran it from just below the factory... then I ran it into a little nook between the cover gaurds real neetly so knowone would notice... I'd have to take pictures to give you a clear idea... in fact, I was planning on making a mx-6 addition to my website... if you can hold off for a week, I can have pictures for you, if not, I totally understand...
as for the wires... I'll have to take a look, and I dont have time right now, so I'll check first thing tomorrow morning and write down which wires go where, as I'm sure you cant work this late at night in the dark anyways.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool

ok thanks dude i'll wait for your update. i've been trying to get this thing installed for the longest time and i worked on it a little today and got about 6 of the wires installed. that thing you pointed me towards has helped its got like 10 of the wires i need to use. as i come up with more problems i'll ask.

thanks for your help. actually would you like me to look at all the wires i can't find tonight so when you get around to finding them yourself you can do it all at one time rather than once every couple days? i'll update this tonight i spose.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The factory alarm is on the back of the fuse box in the driver's kick panel. you should be able to find the same wire in pin position 2F if you unbolt the fuse box and look at the back side of it. Or if you want you can run the wires throught he factory molex plug by taking it apart and drilling out some of the unused pin holes. or you can do liek I did and add more pin to the plug for the wires you want to run through. I don't recommend it though, as I had to take the door off to do this and it was a pain to built all the little extra pins.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts