Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my baby is headed to paint, my boss is going to kill me, i am a bodyman/painter and i'm having another shop paint it for me. that'll teach him to charge us full labor to work on our own cars!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
thats bullshit that you would be charged to work on your own car.. what colour you going for? just a respray of white?

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car is silver not white:urg: but it is being sprayed BMW laguna seca blue, yeah my boss is a big dick so i'll just take my baby elsewhere, the only thibg that pisses me off is i don't get to spray my own car:cry: here is PS i posted in the appearance forum awhile back of what it should look like when it's done, different rims though. forgive the spot, it was where the original pic had his door handles shaved and the spot was primered.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the blue is actually quite a bit darker than the PS, and the rims are incredibly nice for the price i paid (150). all comments welcome.

edit: everyone like my blue prop rod? it's the one remaining piece of my fast and furious stage, i have removed my blue VC, blue interior pieces etc. going the modified but dignified route now!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Kansas, looks ready for paint, but i would have wiated to get it in the booth for disassemblly.

About you boss, i told you that was some BS. I cant beleive that his reasoning (you can spend after hours working on my projects not your car)

Id probablly have to do something drastic..... I would try reasoning with him, but sounds like hes being a real dick about it.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would like to wait for the booth but i saved myself a lot of money by doing it at the house then taking everything to the shop that's doing the spray, trust me it saved a lot. I AM SO PISSED I AM NOT SPRAYING MY OWN CAR!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
heh Kansas, I showed my mom that picture of my car that you PS'ed the Laguna Seca color, and she loved it!!! The wheels on my car don't really flow to well with the color IMO, but it will look awesome when you get your car back!!! I'm excited!

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
KansasMX6 said:
i would like to wait for the booth but i saved myself a lot of money by doing it at the house then taking everything to the shop that's doing the spray, trust me it saved a lot. I AM SO PISSED I AM NOT SPRAYING MY OWN CAR!
Your signature is very amusing!!:D

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the shop is small and my six will be my daily driver come spring so rest assured he'll know! i don't have an exact date on my bay's release but shouldn't take too long, i did all the work after all! i told them to takle their time i want a good paint job not a fast one. I will have pics ASAP when she's done.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not a big window sticker, but i am putting a small one on my side window, once she's painted i have to put a few of my sponsors decals on there anyway so i'll throw one from the shop on to. and of course my mx6.com one which i got the same day i dropped her off.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Well, a good paint job should be time based, you should know that bodyman ;)

Whats it called, Recoat time? Or flash time or something or other? A time frame your supposed to recoat at a certain temperature?

Thats what i got out of painting anyways..

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
car looks good man, are they putting the kit on it? becouse I haven't seen a pic with the BC on it yet})

And Stealth flash time is the time inbetween coats of base coat and clear, to give it time to let enough of the solvents get out of the paint to prevent pin holes from then exiting threw the top layers of paint :tup:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am putting the kit back on when they're done. pretty much all they are doing is spraying it, that's how i'm getting a good price from an INCREDIBLE painter. i am actually having them remove the side windows before they spary so i don't get a hard line, and i actaully had the windshiled removed as well, it was cracked so i had them remove it, then it will be sprayed and they'll put a new one in, like i said a nice paint job is one thing i ain't messing around with!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts