Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do yas recon its possible to fit the awd running gear and trannie from a 323 awd famila or whatever they call it? i was thinking of taking the whole rear crossmember and diff that bolts to the rear of the chassis ans strengthen the 626 chassis rails to bolt it all on. then use a longer tailshaft from the trannie and piss the original tank off and fit one off somthing else. to make room for the tailshaft? what do yas recon am i dreaming?

·
Registered
514 Posts
anything is possible with the right amout of money

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know that. but what i wanted to know is would the rear drive train from the awd bolt onto the 626. r the wheels and chassis rails the same distance apart. cause it would only cost as much as a drive train from the awd. and a fair bit of time.
what suprises the **** out of me is nowons attempted this before. cause awd would make for one mean mazda!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
well you would probibly need an adaptor plate for the trany(never heard if F and B series engine tranys could be swaped)
probibly you owuld also need custom drive shafts from the trany to the rear(since the 626 is probibly longer then the 323 you would be geting the AWD from) you would probibly also switch to a fuel cell(not certin on the clerance you would have in the back end), and AWD in a GC would be pretty nice but I dont think it would make a mean mazda unless you have swaped a f2t

·
Registered
610 Posts
Dreams can come true...............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts