Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to turn my 6 in2 an allwheel drive using independant electric motors at the rear has ne1 had ne experience with this project? and what happens when you turn corners, as i dnt want it to be like a locked diff or a really tight lsd more like an open wheel set up.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Its been talked about a lot but no one has ever done it. Search through a few threads and you can get ideas, just be prepared to drop a ton of money into this, somewhere in the 5 digits would be a safe assumtion. If i were you id just go for 4ws as this actually came on the mx6.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ya i know 4ws is different then awd, but a better/cheaper idea unless you can customize a lot of parts and you have very deep pockets, in that case you might as well go buy an imprezza and save yourself the headache.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
this is a waste of time You will never do it and you know it. Such a project would take years of invested time / R&D also likely $25-$30K of money.

If you actually did some research you would know that your electric motor driver box would have to support such a 4 motor application to combine different wheel speeds in corners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts