Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the F2 engine, it was carbureted, I am now converting it. I wasn't happy with the 5200 carburetor.

I have all the parts from a 93 B2200 that was FI. The differences between the 89 carbureted harness and
the 93 EFI harness appear to be quite different. I was going to tackle it my self, but the schematics are
not one of my specialties.

madlowmazda on mazdatruckin.com Has made me an offer that appears to be my best solution to getting
my truck back on the road.

Here is my delima...or questions should I say.

Technically letting him build me a harness will be the easiest route, but will it be the best choice?

I hear that the B2200 EFI ECU's are notorious for going bad.

I also hear the Mazda 626 ECU is more reliable, and has more performance options available.

If I use the 626 ECU with my B2200 EFI intake and the other various 626 parts would the zombie chip work for me?

Since my truck is NA and not Turbo, would the Zombie chip really do me that much good?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
No, the Zombie chip is specfically for the turbo ECU and would not work in yours anyway....

Most of the "chips" for the turbo ecus are simply to change the fuelling for on boost conditions.

and even if you were to use a turbo ECU on a non turbo motor, you end up with spark advance maps that dont suit a non turbo motor at all. Meaning less power over the entire rev range.

Unfortunately I dont think there are any non turbo ecu upgrades as most people just turbo their motor rather than attempt to get more power from the NA.

with regards to wiring looms IMO the best option is to pull the entire wiring loom from the same model of vehicle, but one delivered with a fuel injected motor. This is the easiest way to convert a non fuel injected car to FI.

If you cant find one that the same model, then you have to splice harnesses. There are many arguments as to which is the best way....But if your ok with electrics then its not rocket surgery. Personally I like to stay with the most complete loom, if that means converting yout 89 to 93 chassis harness then thats what I would do but most people like to keep the chassis harness the same and just make the changes required for the motor.

It should be possible to match the wires in the loom so as the harness will work with a 626 ECU so as to get around your reliability issues.

whoever is building your harness should be able to do this...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have what seems to be a complete harness from the same truck I got all my parts from. Here are two diagrams for the 89 B2200 carb truck. For some odd reason my truck has one plug from each of the two diagrams.

I marked the ones in pink that match my truck.

Here is the 93 EFI diagram.

There are a bunch of red wires with various color stripes that are said to be (combinations sw, Blower sw, A/C thermo relay sw, A/C relay.

I don't see that plug anywhere under the hood of my truck. It must be under the dash.

Again what is odd is that I didn't remove any thing like that when i pulled out the B2200 carb harness. the only wires left for the carb harness were the plug for the windshield wiper, and some various wires for the cruise control that go under the dash and across to the drivers kick panel.

I just don't want to hook anything up wrong and possibly screw something up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i have a complete wiring harness off of a 1991 mazda b2200 truck. it had a 2.2 liter engine with fuel injection. i got it off a truck that i parted out. the harness is complete with not wire missing from it. i had to remove the dash and it was alot of work but i managed to get the complete harness and the ecu computer, i believe thats what its called. im willing to sell computer and harness for $250. email me if [email protected] [email protected] Thanks, Gerardo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts