41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I've read the there are some differences in the kia and the b2200 flywheel.

Which should I use and why?
The Kia one has the teeth for the CAS...if you run carbs your going to need to work out something for the ignition as there wont be room for a distributor on the KIA engine, you'll need to either use the kia CAS or a modified miata one..then something ? to run it...this is where you will need some sort of ECU for the ignition.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I was going to use the B2200 automatic, it bolts right up except for 2 holes that dont align with the tranny. All of the big bolts fit right in, since they are the ones that hold most of the torque and pressure I would assume it would be ok.

But you know what they say, ( when you assume you make an arse out of me and u..lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
looks good man! hmmmm i can't believe that just bolts up like that. a cheap dohc alternative to an fe3 :D and an easy way to keep the factory harness and computer with the sideways dizzy :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
only bad thing about it all is that the sump in the oil pan of the FS engine is in the front, It needs to be in the rear for the B2200, I wanted to see if the oil pan from the F2 would fit the FS. I found out the FS block is about 2" shorter than the F2.

The sump on the FS totaly interfears with the steering components on the B2200 truck.

I realy dont want to mess with fabricating an oil pan so I am just parting out the FS engine on Ebay.

If any one is interested in the parts, I will leave a link once I get them all posted to ebay.com

link to FS parts: eBay Store - Mazda 626: MX6, Ford Probe, 2.0L

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
I am going with the F2 engine, is that what you want pics of?

I am parting out the FS engine.

So far all I have done is dismantle the FS and then the F2. I could not find a used F2 head for a decent price, so I bought a new one from Ebay for just over $300.00

I had to pay an extra $100 for a core since I didnt have a head to return.

I am selling the FS parts to get more cash for the other parts I need, such as a header, Weber carb, and the block, rods, & crank work done. I dont need the FS parts clutering up my garage any more than it already is.

If any one needs any FS parts let me know and I will tell you what I have left to sell you.
93-97 Mazda 626 FS Parts on Ebay

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah I am still woking on the b2200, its just at first I was going to build the 97 FS DOHC 16v 2.0L

The FS 2.0L oil pan had major clearance problems with the B2200 steering components. I didnt want to fabricate one, I'm just not in the mood for that at the present time. So I found a new head for my F2 SOHC 8v 2.2L, and I am rebuilding it.

For those that were interested I posted some pics of the FS block so that you can see all angles of it.

Here is alink: 1997 FS 2.0L

The 1997 FS 2.0 will bolt directly to the B2200 Automatic transmission. Thre are two holes on the transmission that do not line up. The four large bolts are in my opinion the ones that hold the torque and weight of the engine. Those four bolts did line up correctly. So in my opinion there shoudnt be any problems from the two smaller bolts that do not line up correctly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know this is an old forum, But i'm about to undergo this swap also. My three questions are, what did you do with all the vacumn hookups that are normally on the firewall on the probe? Are you using the ignitior and all for spark? Also, How did you go about mounting the VAF and where?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I'm moving this out of the 1g FAQ Submission forum to 1g General.

This thread may also look a bit different as I merged posts from the F2T truck post, as it got off topic in a hurry.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I used a 26/66 cam in mine, you could do a 30/70, I dont know how that would turn out.

Depending on who makes the cam you may need to ajust the valve timing, th 8 valve sproket fits on 3 ways, it'd be a case of trying all 3....with my cam I found it worked best at "C" instead of "A".

This would probably net 120Hp, to get another 10-15Hp a set of 4-2-1 headers might help.
have you heard of colt cams Colt Cams - custom camshaft grinding
Is that who done your cam.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Yeah, I have but thats not who did mine.....It was an off the shelf local Australian product...and the chain of stores that sold them has long since gone broke....

however I am sure colt would be able to do one, there are a few guys on here who have used colt cams, maybe search the 1G section.

Alot of people would have been getting grinds to suit the F2T though, without knowing the spec, I would guess that there would be less overlap than what you'd use on an NA....one thing i did find I really needed a vernier cam wheel to get the vale timing right....I got away with installing the cam wheel on a different mark which did help, but I got the feeling I might have been able to get more out of it with a fully adjustable wheel.

Bear in mind that if you put a cam in, your HC emissions will increase, I dont know whether that will be a problem for you.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Bump, because I just picked up a sweet B2200

41 - 60 of 61 Posts