Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went to the dyno today to see how the car was running and test out a few things. The results were ok but the a/f reading was scary. I got 8 runs in and the best one was when i got a 203.5 WHP and 271.1 WTQ. Not bad i guess as 15 PSI. The hp curve was pretty smooth because of the the t-bird. Now the shocking part. While the guy was doing the runs i was watching my a/f gauge and his readings from his a/f sensor and they were pretty similar. Around 3.5k rpm the a/f was at 14:eek: and got into the 13 range around 4.5k. Now this is really messed, i thought that with the 255lph pump i should be fine at 15 psi but i guess not. I am running adams chip and it seems to be doing notting. So i ran my sard FMU a few times and each time i can it the car was running pig rich, i mean it was at 10 from start to stop and the car hesitated like crazy and i could only get like 179WHP. So hopefully i can get the a/f tuned right and i should have the dyno scans up by tomorrow. Maybe this will help zombie tune for the t-bird with a 255 pump.

G

·
Moridin said:
with the 255lph pump i should be fine at 15 psi but i guess not. I am running adams chip and it seems to be doing notting.
I'm not suprised, this gives me more faith that Zombie is not a lying theif that some people say he is, as Zombie examined what was changed on the AT chip and all he saw was removed boost cut.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Hey man good job. Be very careful with that a/f. I cracked piston #1 on my car again. I was apparently running lean AGAIN at 15 psi on a zombie chip w/ 5th injector and 190 lph. No audible knock or anything either, just blew up.

Try this...

Hook a bleeder valve to your FMU signal line, and bleed pressure off until you get the a/f mixture around where it should be. That will fix your problems.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Good numbers, keep an eye on that fuel. Mine did well in the fuel department, will see what happens after I moved my gap to .32

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dammit, why can't you upgraded turbo guys live closer to NV so I can just tune your car on the fly.. Grrrrr.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the piston rebel. BTW, i have some replacement pistons from Silvolite if you want them. $80 takes them (includes shipping).

I wish you lived closer to here rebel. I'd love to tune your car for you. Have you had your car on a wideband yet to checkt he a/f out?

Moridin, you've got a PM.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pics

I got a chance to use my buddies camcorder to take some pics. Sorry for the quality.

This is the one with the HP curve and my A/F reading and as you can see it gets pretty lean when boost kicks in.

Here is the actualy HP and TQ curve. Gotta love how the TQ flies up and then dies :mad:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
ZombieSS said:
Dammit, why can't you upgraded turbo guys live closer to NV so I can just tune your car on the fly.. Grrrrr.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the piston rebel. BTW, i have some replacement pistons from Silvolite if you want them. $80 takes them (includes shipping).

I wish you lived closer to here rebel. I'd love to tune your car for you. Have you had your car on a wideband yet to checkt he a/f out?

Moridin, you've got a PM.

replacement pistons eh? mmm. are they standard size? unfortunately I bored my block .020" over the first time I cracked 2 pistons.

I have not put my car on a dyno to see the a/f yet, I had plans to but the engine only had 500 miles when I cracked the piston. I was running 14 psi with 2 injectors spraying and my EGT's never went over 1400 degrees. I thought it would be plenty of fuel but I guess not huh? Next time I fix it, the first place it is going to is the dyno. I also have an FMU to provide more fuel. Just gotta get it all calibrated together correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts