Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i did what was recommended to me the last time i posted this.

i went to my local mazda dealership, got my key code for my factory keys, and i went and had the master keys made...
ignition works, door locks work (dont know if trunk locks work, because theres something jamming it i found out >: | ) but... low and behold, the fold down seat locks do NOT work with the master keys i had made, yet everything else does... is there a manual way to unlock these things? i'm stuck, and i need the bitches unlocked! ARGH!

-meaty

·
Registered
512 Posts
Don't insert the key all the way. There should be a sweet spot. Also requires a little bit of turning force. Then just turn the key a little and the button will pop up. Pull on that and your set.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i inserted the key as far as i can get it, short of taking a hammer and whacking it in and nothing, i've tried several times

-meaty

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have this problem too, i got my keys remade, cause they broke in winter, and they work in the doors, and ignition, but not the seat locks, or the glove box, its really getting me frustrated, ne advice, once i get time i am going to a dealer to see what they say.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Maybe the shaft on the recut key is too long, therefore you are sticking the key in too far and the notches don't line up. Push it in all the way, then pull it out very slightly as you try turning. I have to do that with a key I had made at the hardware store.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've tried that too, i've tried every damned thing i can think of... this thing is gimped....

hopefully i'm not going to end up going to the dealership and having them just unlock it or something... who knows...

-meaty

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hm... wheres that screwdriver and hacksaw when ya need it....

-meaty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts