Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other day i was driving with my dad and mom because there cars in the shop and they needed a lift so we hit a red light. Then all of a sudden this brand spankin new BMW 328ci or something like that pulls up to me and gives me the "lets race look" so im sitting here thinking should i do this and have my mom yelling at me for the next month and threaten to take my keys away or should i play it safe?? NAHHHH.. all of a sudden the light hits green so im in were in 1st and were neck and neck, then we down shift to 2nd and he takes somewhat of a lead (about 1/2 a car) next came third and boy did he shoot up... and then he slammed the brakes and took a quick turn... he had about 1 car length on me in third so i wasnt too disappointed since his car is off the lot with a V6 and more power and torque and i got a 94 mxy V6 stock with no mods... only if i had an exhaust or even an air filter it might have made the difference.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah they're quick cars. Nice try. So how much trouble did you get in. I can just imagine if I did that with my mom in the car. Damn!, and I'm 22 and live across the country. She'd still whoop my ass for that one.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My God, That would have been the equivilant of suicide had I done that with my father in the car. I swear, you dont need no stinking drivers ed if you learn with my father. I about drove into two accidents because he was always yelling at me that I was "waiting to long" ,"Dont stop here!!! you have a lane!!!( That happend a couple times and once I was so freeked I didnt stop when I didnt have a lane. Almost hit a bus!)". I guess it worked though cause I have never wrecked. But I can still make a minor deviance if he is riding with me and I will hear about it for the next hour, even after three years. Well enough of my wining

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
are you kidding me?!!!

I'm 21 and also live nowhere near my parents. One night I got on it just to have fun b/c my mom was in the car with me. I spun the tires a little in first, chirped it into second, and quit... and she about had a heart attack. After that passed she was looking for a gun to shoot me. She refuses to ride with me now unless she has too and as far as my Dad...he would laugh! You have some balls my friend!!! My mom didn't talk to me for a day!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhhh i got my fair share of trouble after that, but i had too... its so rare i ever pull up to a bummer let alone a 2001! neways i got the usual... my dad drove the rest of the way when we pulled in to a gas station and my cars looking pretty in the garage for the next week while i drive my slow ass acura 1.6 and think about what i did... (the bright side is that no salt or nothing will corrode the 6 while its in the garage and i can finally hook up my tach throughout the week!!!)

·
Registered
257 Posts
it was probably a 323 or 325 if you hung with him in a stock MX. my boy has a 4 door 323i and he's got 170hp. his is stock, i have a couple minor mods. i beat him 99 out of 100 times. mostly cause he has an ATX i have an MTX, plus the BIG weight advantage. if the guy u raced had a MTX, thats probably why he won a little. plus, not saying they're over weight, but your two parents made up for some of the weight advantage.

if it was a 328ci with a MTX, he would have smoked you. they have 190hp and about the same torque (185-195lb.ft). and if it was brand new the 325 replaced the 323. now with 184hp/175tq. and if it was a 330ci...OH BOY!!! thats the old M3 motor :D . the 3.0 not the 3.2. but still. even with no M power it still has 225hp! bye bye MX-6.

oh yeah, did i mention i LOVE German cars. i just cant afford one.

L8Rs
Nick
BLUMX6

[Edited by BLUMX6 on 02-24-2001 at 01:59 PM]

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
considering my car is stock along with the extra passenger weight and it being 6 years old i think it was a good race.. his car is brand new it said 328ci on it and the kid was all alone... yeah i lost but i lost with style...

·
Registered
416 Posts
moonies...losing to a 3 series is embarrassing huh?? well, the new M3 runs the 1/4 in 13.4, which smokes every F-body out there, in stock form.....by the way, you still havent posted what kind of car u drive, my guess is a yugo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts