Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my situation after hours of searches. After my car was ran through water the whole engine bay was sprayed by water. My timing belt broke. The dealer replaced the timing belt camgear gaskets, timing tensoner. They returned it to me w/ a suggestion to replace my CPS I did car still ran like **** (jumping rpms, stalls @ high rpms). I put a new TPS still nothing. I checked all wires and sensors. Frustrated I took the car back to the dealer, They ran a diognostic. Now they say I have a bad distributor. Im doing that myself Im not about to fork over 600.00 when I can do it myself for 200.00. I replaced the dist about a year ago, so I dont know. Could the water have messed the dist up? I had no water in my pluggs. Im getting water/carbon mix out of my exhaust.

·
Registered
734 Posts
fatboy said:
Could the water have messed the dist up?

Yeah... The slightest bit of water in the DISTY can kill everything. As for replacing the entire disty, i'm not sure. If you've done it before you've already got on up on the stealership. :)

G

·
Washing Engine

I did the exact same thing. I washed my engine and soon the car wouldn't start and I had to have it towed. The mechanic replaced the distributer and it worked fine.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Take the cap off and let it completely dry out for a couple of days first. They make a spray that will dry electrical components. You should try it.

Also, pull the plug wires and make sure there is no water down in the plug wells.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts