Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a warning to anyone considering buying from this seller on ebay ixtab_imports. I purchased this a few weeks ago http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8006655510 and the seller took my money and has ignored all emails. I payed promptly and that was the last time I heard anything. They won't even confirm that it's been sent. I've asked if there are any problems and got nothing back. I wouldn't mind so much if there was decent communication, but zero response to everything makes me feel I have been ripped off.

I've just sent them a final message saying if it's not here by the 1st Nov, I'll be complaining to ebay, leaving neg feedback and also complaining to paypal and getting my money back. If I don't get my money back from them, I'll make a formal complaint to the police for theft/fraud.

I'm so sick and tired of sellers who just fuck people around.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
98% of his feedback is good.. although I must agree about comunication... it's a necessity..

I hope things work out OK in the end Gav..

John

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a little bit of checking and found that it's a US seller advertising on the UK side. So I'm very dubious of their claim that they ship from the UK.

Besides, 4 neutrals and 2 negs in the last month and he's only had an ebay account for 2 months... That's not very good at all and I can only blame myself for not checking the seller out more thoroughly nefore hand... But I'm gonna get my money back.

I also checked and for a seller with their own ebay shop... they have nothing listed at all anymore... It looks more and more suspicous.

·
Registered
822 Posts
ge almos bought one of those too! so on a good point you have impeckabl taste, on bad point..... it seems strange. (not ur taste!)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
shipping from US

I am very suspicious of anyone offering cheap shipping from the States I must admit.

Make sure e-bay know about this (daft recommendation I know).

ifc

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wackyracer said:
ge almos bought one of those too! so on a good point you have impeckabl taste, on bad point..... it seems strange. (not ur taste!)
Have you been drinking or do you always type like that? })

·
Registered
822 Posts
oops! one of these wireless keyboards and was some distance from the sensor!!!! but drinking is a good idea!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, after recieving a reply from the seller. Who claimed that it was a long weekend in the US and that's why he hadn't replied... 'Try explaining why he ignored all email until I threatened to complain and leave neg feedback then, and since when has Halloween been a national holiday?'

Claimed the item had been sent on the 20th and takes upto 10 days... That's crap for starters, as It had already been 11 days by this time. So I decided to given them another week and it's still failed to arrive. They've ignored my emails again, so I've lodged a complaint with ebay & paypal and left them some nasty feedback.

Cunt

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
nice finish to your mail.

FWIW I'm STILL waiting for my DVDs from Gavroche...

how longs it since Trax!

I dunno, some people !

:D

I say lock 'em up for 90 days... without trial!

:D

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
Hi all.

I bought the exact same thing. He replied to 2 of my emails 1 on 1/9/2005 asking if it would fit my MX6 and the other 2/9/2005 asking about import tax... he sent it as a gift.

My cap came on 16/9/2005 feedback left on 18th.

ElmerFud

P.S. Just make sure you put the sticker on while the cap's on the engine.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
ElmerFud said:
P.S. Just make sure you put the sticker on while the cap's on the engine.
And don't bother getting a 2nd hand one - it'll never go on straight...

Gav, do you think it might be something in the tone of your emails maybe got his back up? })

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kenholland said:
And don't bother getting a 2nd hand one - it'll never go on straight...

Gav, do you think it might be something in the tone of your emails maybe got his back up? })
My tone was originally polite as it always is when dealing with ebayers. It's only after all emails and request for info were ignored that I sent an email stating it was a final notice and if no reply was recieved, complaints would be made. My tone only changes when I find I'm dealing with useless twats.

My tone is now one of contempt with this seller, waste of space, ignorant wanker. They're a liar by stating items are located and posted in the Uk when they're clearly not. As far as I'm concerned the seller is a thief and should be banned from ebay. If you check their feedback, you'll see numerous other comments about ignoring emails.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Heckler said:
If you check their feedback, you'll see numerous other comments about ignoring emails.
and you bought something from him?

caviate ebayor

or something..

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
noonespecial said:
and you bought something from him?

caviate ebayor

or something..
I gave them a cursory glance, rating was around the 97% mark... I shold have checked further as afterwards I noticed they'd only been a member for 2 months and had racked up around 5 negs and 10 neutrals... If I'd checked properly I wouldn't have bought it.

Well, paypal have acted very promptly and refunded me already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts