Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. My MX-6 just recently has had a bad vibration. Its so bad now that my radar detector starts hitting the windshield! My tires are balanced and aligned. I checked my left outer CV joint today, and it was fine. There is no play in the steering. And also, there is a weird noise when I start going in first. It is like a pop noise. It also happens every now and then in different gears. And there is a vibration in the floor board that you can clearly feel. It feels like something knocking. Anyone have any ideas? At first, the vibration was only at around 60-70 MPH, and when you reached 75, the ride was smoothe as silk. Now the vibration is all the time, and there is some sort of clicking/banging noise every now and then. Any help or suggestions would help me a lot. Thanks.

1993 Black MX-6
K&N Air Intake/Mustang Cobra Filter
NGK Platinum Plugs
Bosch 8mm Wires
Hotshot Headers
Greddy Exhaust
Bridgestone Potenza RE-730's

·
Registered
47 Posts
And you're positive that it isn't the cv joints, because they are notorious for making popping/knocking/banging noises when they need to be replaced. But I don't think that it would explain the vibrating. Any more details?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a similar problem in my 89 LX. I ran over a pot hole in the dark. It caused a bubble in the sidewall of my right front tire and caused a weak strut mount to get worse. I now have a vibration at 55-65 mph. I didn't even notice the bubble until 2 weeks after the pothole incident. I'm replacing the strut mounts as soon as I get a chance.

I'd check your strut mounts, axles, control arm bushings, and tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check the Brakes, thats the first thing I did when my car was shaking and luckily I was right!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts