Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was going to buy a car from someone on this board but now my job moved me from full time to part time so less income now. Seeing me upset, my dad told me to talk to his friend in the neighborhood down the street. I went to him to ask what help he can provide in fixing my car. He told me that if i buy the parts, most of the work he can do for me. So i cant get the car i wanted but i can fix this one up. My question now is i need a list of things to replace/fix on this car before i go doing performance stuff to my car. Thanks.

G

·
I have recently aquired an 88 MX6 GT......and perhaps this is a totally daft question, but how does one know if it has the 4WS?

·
Registered
707 Posts
damn crowdaddyOO that sucks but oh-well, ive sorta lost intrest in selling anyways so i guess it worked out for the both of us, but if someone offered the right amount i'd sell, and beside a friend is buying my rims so i can get an aluminum radiator so teh car will be more prepared when i decide to install the t3 as soon as i get the manifold.

tom

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
CJ88MX6GT said:
how does one know if it has the 4WS?
You could always look at the horn button in the middle of the steering wheel. It says "4WS"

·
Registered
238 Posts
Or look at the rear end (under the car). If ya have a thin shaft going from the front steering rack to a rear steering rack (long black box spanning the length of the rear mounting bar), then you, my friend.. might be a red neck.. Oops... I mean, have 4ws.

4ws light in cluster on start up; steering linages to rear wheels from long black box; etc.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Maybe I'm just simple-minded, but couldn't you just...turn your steering wheel and look? But if that doesn't work, then there should be 4WS stickers all over the car, unless it's been painted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts