Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For about a month or two, i have been noticing this sound that sounds like its coming from the tranny, because it sounds like right below the car. I can't reproduce it out of the car, because it has to be under stress. It sounds like a semi-high pitched vibration. It doesn't always happen under acceleration, and not all gears, but thats only because i can hear it when im in residential areas and the sound bounces off of cars. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea of what it is. I have a '93 6 5speed I4. Thanks

Sorry, i put this in the 1st gen on accident

G

·
If you think the sound is coming from the internal gearbox, try draining the gearbox then add a quart if Slick 50 engine treatment and fill the remaining tranny with the suggested automatic tranny fluid (phoned Slick 50 and they said to use engine treatment with auto fluid). I did and it worked....shifts like glass. Have put thousands of miles on the vehicle since with no problems. :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Your not in the right year for this; but it is most likely the shielding around your catalitic converter. It gets old; and a few of the bolts holding it on start to rust out. Not really an issues unless you don't like the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts