Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put in my new deck I forgot to connect the antenna wire, so I had zero radio. I have recently gone back in and connected it, I didnt have any wire nuts so I entertwined the wires, folded it back and taped it with electrical tape. My antenna works (goes up and down) and I get most channels, but very faintly. The signal waivers, it will be loud, then soft, then loud then static. Anyone know what's wrong?

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Is that with every station, or just some of the weaker ones?

My reception sucked, until the antenna stopped working at all...surprisingly, it didn't make a huge difference in reception. I don't know if there's much you can do, but I think anytime you put an aftermarket deck in, you aren't goig to get as good of a reception as with stock.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's with every single station. The deck is a pioneer, my friend said that it was odd that I have a bad signal because pioneer's have a radio thing that improves it, cant remember what it was. But he has near the same deck as mine (a level down, actually) installed in his early 80's Jimmy and he gets rock solid reception.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
strange...i also have a pioneer. I think it's called something like mosfet super tuner, or something along those lines.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
The wire that makes your antenna go up and down has nothing to do with reception, it just makes the antenna go up and down. Check the actual antenna connection (the thick black cable) at both ends, both where it goes in to the big hole in the back of your deck, and where it connects to the base of the antenna itself. If either of those s disconnected or loose, that's your problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, mosfet I believe. Thanks missile I'll do that, hopefully it'll work.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
I never had any problems with all my pioneer radios. I did remove the stock antenna...well actually it was removed by the previous owner, so I drilled a hole and installed an aftermarket one, the tiny ones. It has a signal amplifier and it works great.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I think ya'll mean the "SuperTuner" circuitry.

MOsFET stands for Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistor, and in the audio world, it's usually refered to regarding an amplifiers output devices. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts