Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got the first scratch on my car.....i was reversing out of a carpark spot, and once i had reversed out, put it in 1st to move off........i turn around and this woman in a 4x4 is reversing out of a spot opposite me and is about to hit me, and does. well yeh the first thing i think is MUTHA FUCKER!! the back left of her bumper hit the front left of mine. as she pulled away, her bumper was all cracked in and broken...and im thinking FUCK IVE BEEN FUCKING PWNED HAVENT I???? well not those exact words but yeh, i thought with her damage, the front of mne would be fair screwed as well.

so after letting off a stream of profanity in my car we both step out and i take a look at the front of mine and im like BAH, seriously no damage! wtf. there was all rubber and paint marks on my bumper so i was thinking it might be cracked. but yeh we swapped details and i just came home. after buffing all the crap off with scratch repair cream (which ironically is abrasive) all you can see if you look closely is tiny hairline cracks in the paint as to where the impact was.:shrug:

so there you go i was impressed with the strength of the bumper, given hers was mangled:freak:

so now all i need to do is get some touch up paint. oh and call her telling her not to worry about my car. too bad about hers:smokin:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
At school, I parked parallel to the kerb with a car directly in front and behind me. Too bad the dumb slut in front of me left about a 30 cm gap between our cars, so I couldnt get out without having to bump her car and scratch mine }):damnmad:

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this was at supercheap and autobahn in belco. wheres your school? the cops cracked down at mine last year cos people were parking on the street. oh that and the burnout competitions:cool:

well if the chick owned an excel like usual you could just get a few guys together and lift it away:D

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RdS said:
I'd like to see an mx6 enter a burnout comp.. sooo sad :(
lol it was more of a commodore vs falcon vs fairlane vs berlina.....etc etc see the pattern..:D i think if a FWD jap sports car had a go youd run the risk of getting bashed. lol after a while the teachers were told to take down number plates and they were given to the cops.....so yeh it was a fun few weeks tho

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
mate, i would punch myself. :sigh:
only do burnouts if...
1. you have a V8
2. it is RWD
3. you have LSD

everything else is a joke, including those skylines etc.. they are wrecking the good burnout name.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Check the reinforcing in the bumper first based on when I got hit from behind. A small (read tiny) dint was left in the bar & the whole rear end was stuffed. Bar reinforcing had snapped off the bar (thus why it had gone back to the normal spot) & the rear of the boot was pushed in - most of which was not easily visible. About $1600-$2000 to repair properly....

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn.......well i thoroughly looked at everything on the front, i cant feel anything lose and i cant seem to move anything.........shit im having another look.....

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive got the womans details.....ill check tomorrow though any damage would be quite obvious right? like i said nothing is moving that i can see

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
91turbo666 said:
wheres your school? the cops cracked down at mine last year cos people were parking on the street. oh that and the burnout competitions:cool:
Lake Tuggers, our principal waits out the front so he can write down peoples plates:p which school do you go to?

RdS said:
everything else is a joke, including those skylines etc.. they are wrecking the good burnout name.
This reminds me of the CIT Fyshwick Nats a few weeks back, at the end some people were doing burnouts on the street, a guy and his mates rocked up in their R33, all smiles, the guy revved it and dropped the clutch, car lurched forward without even chirping a tyre and he was laughed off:muhaha: good times

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good ol hawker.....it was exciting when we had heaps of souped up commodores and the like around, these days its all more refined jap cars. its cool tho, me and my friends all head down into belco so we have a parade of jap cars.....me CRX 180sx 300zx skyline.... and we race the Kmart tyre guys LOL they are such rev heads

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well ive tripled check over the whole front of the car and i cant see anything cracked or loose....so a good sign. with the amount of damage her bumper took i assume the force of the impact went into crumpling her bumper, and not my car. in fact she was quite dissapointed i think to hear mine wasnt damamged...but you know i was like well look where you are going next time. oh well time for the touch up paint job

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Lucky you im getting screwed over by the insurance company right now

My Car was hit from behind and the left half of my bumper was hit altho it only looked like a deep scratch he hit me at 35 to 40km

The bumper did its job but my left rear wheel got bent abit and now it wobbles when i drive.

I just got off the phone and my rear bumper needs to be replaced (inside it all broke cause it asorbed the impact.

But soon after she said they have to get a brand new bumper from ford (its like $1500 or more) she told me the body repairer said there is noway the accident could of bent my wheel.

This pissed me off cause its the only thing that could of bent it why would only the rear left wheel be bent where he hit me (he scraped around to the side of my bumper)
where the wheel is.

What total Bullshit that is like hell getting hit at 40km on the left side wouldnt bend my wheel.

I forced her to get the asser to go out and look at the wheel i already got my mech to look at it and he wrote a report for them but they said they can't read it so they will check it themselfs.

I feel like im getting screwed over cause im the one who was at fault and his damage is $1700 and mine is close to that aswell i don't think they want to coff up more money the bloody dodgy bastards.

God i hate Just Car they can go @#$% a @#$%

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I will but there losing out on alot of money my excess doesn't even start to cover it and its $450 for a new wheel n tire aswell so there trying to squirm out of it.

I said i want the asser to comeout there and asses it and she was abit annoyed and said fine i'll get him to go out then hung up.

Its really gonna be a hassle to get the new wheel but i need it the tyre has already conformed to its starting to wear unevenly :(

So much crap u have to go through.

Lucky u don't have to go through that with yours :wave:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just Cars claims another victim :( One reason why I will never insure my car with them. Vigil all the way :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts