Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol sux

i was sittin at a stop sign and gonna turn left onto texas ave. (the main road that runs through town, 7 lanes), and the first lane of traffic stops and the dude hangs back and waves me out, and i thought that there was no other cars coming and i start to pull out and well, i was wrong :p

the second lane didnt stop and i slammed on my brakes quick enough to keep this big ass tank of a cadilac from plowing into my door, however my front bumper scrapes the back quarter panel of his car and his back bumper catches onto the top of my front bumper and cuts a big gash in it. suxorz

the car drives just fine, i now just have a scraped up front bumper and a gash in the top of it. im not gonna bother to get it fixed, ima just save up a couple months paychecks and buy another car.

so...

the point of my story is

if anyone has a first gen GT they are looking to sell, and its in great shape, no major mechanical problems (please dont cheat me and tell me theres no probs and then the engine dies 3 days after i get it) i am interested in buying it :)

name your price and include some pics and i may be contacting u in a couple months about how you want your money delivered and how we are gonna get the car to college station, tx. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah, i want a little better car than an LX, somethin that has a turbo in it to give it a little extra boost, looks better (the interior of my car is almost perfect, but the body has dings, scrapes, paint chipping comin off, ect), and i am already used to the way a 1st gen mx6 is laid out and feels, so it would be a perfect upgrade in my mind :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
god my decision on to sale or not to sale, to bad i changed my mind and decided to keep my car after trying to sale it for a month and a half, and teh one hopeful can nolonger buy due to changes in his job, and nobody in my area knows what the 1 gen mx6 is, damn honda's everywhere.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, well if your still lookin to sell it and theres a way to get it down here ( ive never bought a car from another state, is it possible to fedex it? :p ) gimme some pics of your car, interior/exterior, tell me whats mechanically wrong with it, a price your willing to sell it at, etc.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
college station is about a 3 hour drive from san antonio.

and i dont think it would be worthit. i have more than enough cash to fix it but i wanted a NICE looking car.

my list of things i had to do to my car before my wreck was:

1. new brakes
2. new shifter bushings.
3. new tires/rims
4. replace back window so that all of the defrost wires work.
5. get new muffler put on.
6. get dashboard light fixed (one of them burned out)
7. get oscilating vents fixed
8. get seat belts fixed (i havent taken it up for that recall yet)
9. get all dents in the body taken out, whole new paint job
10. big ass amp, 2 12's put in trunk.

that would cost probably around 3 grand im guessing for all of that.

with that money i can maybe buy a GT with possibly a better interior/exterior.

new car = yes plz

plus one of my friends needs a car and ima prolly sell my current one to her for 1,000 without the stereo system.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Yeah I feel your pain even though you're an Aggie! I just wrecked my car friday night coming home from work and bent the frame so the car is trash. I'm currently looking for any 1st gen body to swap the GT stuff into so I feel the pain of losing the car.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
EviL_SmUrF said:
lol sux
the car drives just fine, i now just have a scraped up front bumper and a gash in the top of it. im not gonna bother to get it fixed, ima just save up a couple months paychecks and buy another car.
so...
the point of my story is
if anyone has a first gen GT they are looking to sell, and its in great shape, no major mechanical problems

Make Dyoel an offer on his wrecked GT, swap the turbo drivetrain into yours, buy a custom front bumper kit, refinish your body........and you'll have a wolf in sheep's clothing !
All of this for probably less than the $3000 you mentioned.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, thing is is that i am not very mechanically inclined lol. i would have to pay someone to put the turbo in for me, ect ect. im more interested in just purchasing a car with it already in there :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts