Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just changed the rad in my car (88 GT). Drained the whole thing took it out took out the sensor on the bottom put it in the new one. Put the rad back hooked all the wires up and My temp gauge don't work no more. It does not detect any heat at all. It worked fine in my old one. though it could be the conection of the 2 wires coming from the bottom. But that did not change a thing. Is it that sensor on the bottom of the rad that is pooched do i need to replace that too or could it be something i missed? My car usually warms up in 5 five min I let it run for about 10-15 and no temp change was indicated! So i shut it off. Plz help need to get this thing rolling.

Thank you

G

·
Do not quote me on this one, but the sensor on the bottom of the radiator should read the temperature of the coolant to tell your fans when to kick on. The coolant temperature sensor mounted on your thermostat housing should provide the actual link to reading on you temperature guage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would double check all the wiring you messed with. I'm not to familiar with the thermo's on your car. But I had a 92' Protege and the thermo sensor was bolted onto my engine. Right next to the water pump. I would try replacing your thermo sensor first (there only like $5.99). I don't think its your thermostat because all the thermo does is stop and bring water into the engine. If it wasn't working you would now (your engine would either get really hot or your radiator would blow up, and seeing how you said you warmed it up for around 15 min. I'm guessing thats enough time to tell it it was your thermo. Hoped I could be of some help.

Peace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts