Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
all active links/more discussion can be found here:
Official BAMM 2K9 Summary Thread! - ProbeTalk.com Forums

BAMM2K9 (Summary Thread)

Friday, May 15th
Saturday, May 16th
Sunday, May 17th

Big Ass May Meet
8th Annual Car Show/Cookout/Mod Meet. This is the 8th annual Car Show/Cookout/Mod Meet that brought the midwest together on a single day. This year we are trying some new things!

ITINERARY

Friday
9:00pm'ish Meet up in Noblesville, IN for some bowling & good times at stardust bowl!
Do general detailing of cars later if you want.

Saturday
12:00pm - Meet up at Forest Park Shelter 1 for some mini golf and general shenanigans!
1:00pm - Start the Grill
4:00pm - Car show
6:00pm - Awards Ceremony
7:30pm - IP evening to the southside.
8:00pm - Arrive in Greenwood for some rice-eating
Mosey on back to sleep at some point.

Sunday
10:00am - Breakfast at Golden Corral or wherever you want to get some grub.
12:00pm - Head up to what Indy's famous for. The Indianapolis 500 Bump Day Qualifications are Sunday, and run 12:00-6:00pm. Also for those wanting a history lesson there is a museum that's pretty cool as well.
6:00pm - Goodbyes and for those who stick around a walk around downtown to check out the new football stadium and all of downtown indy.

Friday-- Everyone who comes early will be doing some hardcore bowling and catching up with everyone you haven't seen in awhile or have never met.

Saturday-- Feel free to detail your car, do some simple mods, play frisbee, football, basketball, catch up with old friends, or whatever. It's pretty casual. Late afternoon we fire up the charcoals and have some flaming burger toss-o-fun. Car show will be held and it will give everyone time to really check out other peoples rides. After that, we'll cruise Indy and hit Greenwood. For outsiders, Greenwood is Rice-Central. Street racing mecca. Cops are surprisingly tolerable, so long as you're not stupid. If you want plenty of stoplight action with other imports and hot rods, this is THE place in Indy on a Saturday night. Also if you get hungry Saturday night there are a ton of places in greenwood to grab a quick bite.

Sunday--IndyCars. Live & Up Close!
To better organize it this year we will be taking names & phone numbers of one person per place of lodging. There will be two meeting points, one at breakfast and one at the track. If you miss breakfast call and meet up at the track.

Lodging
I am offering up my house to whomever would like to stay for free. I can't guarantee anything but floorspace. If anyone else can offer up floorspace or a couch it will be appreciated.

1. Jason Indymx6- 317-340-6725
2. Ross EvilProbe- 614-732-8236
3. Megen Mx3Chick- 317-289-1108

To get to Jason & Megens:
10136 Golden Drive
Noblesville, IN 46060
MAP

Hotels
Super 8
17070 Dragonfly Lane
Noblesville, IN 46060 US
Phone: 1-317-776-7088
MAP

Quality Inn & Suites
16025 Prosperity Drive
Noblesville, IN, US, 46060
Phone: 1-317-770-6772
MAP

Farfield Inn and Suites
17960 Foundation Drive
Noblesville, Indiana 46060 USA
Phone: 1-317-776-9900
MAP

Other Maps:
Stardust Bowling Alley
845 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46062
Phone: 1-317-773-3381
MAP

Forest Park
701 Cicero Road
Noblesville, IN 46060
MAP

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway
4790 W 16th St
Indianapolis, IN
317-481-8500 |
MAP

Here is a map To get from the park to Greenwood where we usually meet up at the Value city parking lot.
MAP

Tips for getting to the park:
Once you have turned on to State Road 19 you will go under the railroad bridge and make your first left directly into the park.

Pricing
I have had several people ask me how much they will need for the weekend. These figures are an approximation as some people will spend more than others.

Bowling on friday will be about $10. Lunch on Saturday will be 10$ per person and that will cover awards and everything PLEASE BRING CASH for this as I will be making a trip to the store to pick up grilling supplies. Drinks for the day are the responsibility of the attendee. Stop at a gas station or pack yourself a cooler. I'm sure if you don't have a cooler there will be plenty of space in one of ours. Breakfast the next morning will again be in the $10 range and entrance to the Indy Qualifications will be $10 as well.

To sum it up you need $40 + a cooler full of your favorite beverage.

Also, during the weekend, if you need help finding something, get lost, etc... here are phone numbers:

Jason indymx6- 317-340-6725
Ross EvilProbe- 614-732-8236
Megen Mx3Chick- 317-289-1108

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
updated!
post up if your gonna be there :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
bout time this popped up. I'll still come. Kinda sucks its not at ORP like it was last year. I was really hoping for a 20 minute drive.........damnit....now its 35 mins away with 465 lol.

Also not to sound like a dick but i could really GAF less about the indy stuff. Living here for 20 somethin years it gets old. I'm not really an IRL person. Cool to know the history that happened here but ......you can only see and here it so many times.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Not sure how long i'll be there saturday. Me and GF may have plans, but if not sounds like a good excuse to drink publicly and eat burgers :D

I'm going to google stardust bowl. I've been to noblesville a few times but never knew there was a bowling alley there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm gonna try and be there Saturday, hopefully I'll have my FDs on by then.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone within 5 hours should be there

period

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hell i wish i could go, but my cars are all down at the moment.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its very easy to get to. Go ahead and check out the thread on PT as we are now meeting at my house on saturday morning before going to the park. Please give me a call if you need directions or info. All the info is in the indyprobes section on probetalk.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
yea this isn't working out so well. Its been raining all day so i'm not sure if i'll drive up there.

That and i have no money period and i don't want to be "that guy"

If i had the cash i wouldn't have minded going.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So apparently I didn't get the memo or something, cause I showed up around 3 and there was no one there. Drove around for 30 minutes trying to see if I could find anybody. So yeah, it was nice to drive 5 hours total to see a nice little park and the town that is Noblesville.
Well, I do have this to show for it though...guess it's somewhat of an achievement.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So apparently I didn't get the memo or something, cause I showed up around 3 and there was no one there. Drove around for 30 minutes trying to see if I could find anybody. So yeah, it was nice to drive 5 hours total to see a nice little park and the town that is Noblesville.
Well, I do have this to show for it though...guess it's somewhat of an achievement.
nice mileage? is that all one tank? so you got what 29-30.5 MPG on that trip?:cool:
Also sad you didn't meet anyone there you should have called jason : indymx6.:tup:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fortnac, it was posted on probetalk about a week prior that we were meeting at jasons house instead of the park. I dont think we ever even made it to the park.
There were 3 phone numbers over there, also.

Sorry you couldnt find us, we all would have liked more cars :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ah, that would explain things. Yeah, I complete forgot about checking probetalk or copying down the phone #'s. My mistake. Oh well, next time.
So how many cars did end up showing up?

I got more around 35 mpg on that trip. I still had a little over a 1/4 of a tank left when that pic was taken.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Damn, good thing i didn't go. I was also planning on heading to the park.

Did you guys even go bowling?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts