Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I work at an used car long and in the woods next to it I see a 1st gen mx-6 lx 5spede that has sat for over 3 years. I was told the frame may be bad, Would it be worth buying for a project car and potential show car if I knew a buddy who could properly fix the frame for cheap? The car is in immaculate condition inside and out. Could use a good wash and a scrub on the interior.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Undercarriage or floor pans I understand might be bad due to rust and it sitting for so long, ive even seen the strut towers rust, maybe it's what they're talking about frame is bad. Is it parked in a field or asphalt, etc? It's definitely a good base to start a project for sure. Hope u get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Undercarriage or floor pans I understand might be bad due to rust and it sitting for so long, ive even seen the strut towers rust, maybe it's what they're talking about frame is bad. Is it parked in a field or asphalt, etc? It's definitely a good base to start a project for sure. Hope u get it.
Its behind a fence parked underneath a tree, like a field however I try to mow around it when I have to mow the lot as much as I can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, Just an update after a year, I might make a bid on this car after going to college for a year. I ended up working here again for the summer. I took a jumper pack and a can of starting fluid with the keys. It purs well on starting fluid and the electronics seem to be working well (even the sunroof :D)but after sitting for in excess of 10 years,It became obvious that the motor was not receiving fuel, When starting, I do not hear the fuel pump priming, and I am sure the fuel has turned to varnish. Might be the new project for a new endeavor. Wish me luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts