Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I want to replace my battery terminals, but how do you get the old ones off and how do you put the new ones on? And can I just buy oem replacements from advance auto parts, or will I need to get them from the dealer? Should I get gold ones? Also what is a good battery since I might replace mine before winter really starts, its almost 4 years old. I heard DieHard's are good, anyone have one?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Any reputable store that sells batteries should have one with a 5 year warranty. Just make sure it is the correct one for size and cold cranking amps (CCA). Diehard is the standard by which others are measured. Cant go wrong. But if your car is only gonna last 2 years, dont waste your money on a 7 year battery...
As far as terminals go, I guess you mean terminal connectors, at the end of the wires in your car. Should be pretty simple. Just get a replacement at the car parts store that looks like yours. Be sure they are the same size hole for the battery, and be sure to tighten them securely onto the wires and the battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts