Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... here goes. I've had my 93 MX-6 for about 3 months. There have been no problems with the battery and it had been driving fine. On Thursday I was installing my indiglo gauges and while checking if it would turn on when the headlights were turned on, I managed to drain the battery. I got my battery jumped and was driving fine until this morning, when I found my battery completely dried. I got it jumped this morning and when I was leaving work I found it was dead again, and once again got it jumped. I just went out to check and my battery was dead once more. So I'm wondering, does the fact that my battery keeps draining have something to do with the way I wired my gauges or because my battery needs replacing? Here's how I wired in my indiglo's, so if anyone has done it the same way I've done it can tell me if they've had any problems. I wired my indiglo's into the dimmer switch, splicing the red (power) wire into the orange wire on the dimmer switch and grounding the black wire into the black wire on the dimmer switch. The gauges only turn on when I turn on the headlights so I don't think I've connected the gauges incorrectly and they're draining the battery. But anyways, tomorrow I'm going to go replace the battery, but I just want to make sure that its not my gauges draining my battery, which would make replacing the battery pointless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts