Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm going to relocate my battery to my trunk but I was wondering where should I put it? (Left, right center?). Also, what king of wiring should I use?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put mine in the drivers side between the wheel well and the rear of the car. The only reason I chose that position is because I ran the 2 or 4 gauge (I forget which it was now) down the left side of my car and it is easily accesible there. I got the cable a Lowes and a battery box at Walmart. I got the fasteners for the battery at autozone. I think I paid under $20 for everything. You'll also want to put an inline fuse close to the battery on the cable.

·
Registered
811 Posts
From what I read for best weight distribution the best place for the battery is the rear passenger side. That’s where I put mine too. I got a battery relocation kit from summit. It came with 20 feet of 2 gauge power wire, 3 feet of 2 gauge ground wire, a marine grade battery box, J-bolts, and connectors and grommets. i think the kit is like $39.99 from summitracing.com

·
Registered
193 Posts
Where did you run the wires? 2 guage is pretty big and doesnt it have to go back to the front of the car? When I wired my sound, I couldnt get the wire concealed and it was bothering me, so I took it out and am selling it. Could you possibly run it under the car? Doesn't sound like a really good idea, just thinking of some possibilities.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I didnt have any problems concealing it. I took off the door sill and pulled the carpet up. Under that there is already a huge bundle of wire. I just ran it next to that bundle. I took out the rear seat and just laid it on the floor under the seat. And in the trunk I just tucked it along the side to the battery.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
not hard

here's some pics of mine just went with billet tie downs and optima batery a sealed battery don't have to have a box then track legal too check it out it's somewhere in the pics

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/squirt_0801

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you bolt the battery box to the trunk do you like drill hole right through the trunk, put gaskets and bolt that there?

·
Registered
811 Posts
High0ctane said:
When you bolt the battery box to the trunk do you like drill hole right through the trunk, put gaskets and bolt that there?
Yup I drilled though the trunk. but I used some silicone sealant around the bolt holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts