Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new BC kit is scheduled to arrive wednesday, needless to say i am quite excited to FINALLY get a kit on my car. As i have read and seen, the front impact absorber is visible throught the front. I know it wouldn't neccesarily be safe, but in terms of legality, does anyone know if you are allowed to cut you impact absorber? it would open up that hole a lot. I just don't wanna do it if it's illegal.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i could mesh it, but i personally am not a big fan of maesh covering that big of holes, i have it in my fog holes, but when i put it in the main hole on my stock bumper just didn't really like it. I like it in samller holes, so i wanna know if i can legally cut my impact absorber or not.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I just painted it with the kit.

Id only cut it out if your getting and intercooler, because i think a flat bumper looks better than exposed metal rad support.

Not a mesh fan either.

I wouldnt worry about the legality, id worry about driving safe. ;)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the more i think about it, and the morei see your car steath, i think i'll just paint it, still looks pretty good, i'll probably go that route, now all i need is that darn kit to arrive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts