Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it's 12:01 am here in KS which means my BC kit arrives today! yay, will post pics later today, i will be fitting it and let you guys know. I'm so excited, and i just can't hide it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Wow.....
Hey just think, right now the fiber glass could of cracked 18 different times in the shipping process and when you get it, it will be a 9 piece kit rather then 4 :tup: Just something to help you sleep ;)

I'm kidding, good luck with it

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Well, when I got mine, I had a huge gash taken out of my rear bumper in 2 spots, but the most noticeable was above the exhaust cut out...
It's hard to see in this picture, but you can still see it!
Welcome to the BC side!:tup:
didn't you say your car is silver?!?! Are you gonna keep it silver? If so, then sweet, not to many silver BC's!
Here is the pic!

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
hehe, i've got silver too. i think i'm gonna buddyclub mine 8D. if i do mine, its going to end up lookin' like yours jason.

anyway, good luck fitting it, i'm sure it will look nuts! :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
yeah, you hardly see a silver BC!
I'm Fully molding mine, addding air ride, and thinking(err making my head hurt).

What I want to do is re-locate the gas filler, and shave the gas door off... I don't know how/where to re-locate it though... oh well, I'm still thinking

I'd like the only lines on the car to be the doors, hood, trunk, sunroof, and the rain gutter god damnits by the sunroof... that's it... I'm keeping the paint job simple too! Silver with a blue pearl :tup:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on the issue of color, that has kept me awake many a nights. I LOVE my stock silver and it would be cheaper to just paint and blend. But since the day I saw a BMW M3 in Laguna Seca Blue i have been even more in love with that color but a full respray will be more expensive. Damn i wish my stupid boss would let me use the booths at work! He wants me to pay $40/hr (our labor rate) to paint my own damn car!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
KansasMX6 said:
on the issue of color, that has kept me awake many a nights. I LOVE my stock silver and it would be cheaper to just paint and blend. But since the day I saw a BMW M3 in Laguna Seca Blue i have been even more in love with that color but a full respray will be more expensive. Damn i wish my stupid boss would let me use the booths at work! He wants me to pay $40/hr (our labor rate) to paint my own damn car!
Are you going to mold anything? IMO, atleast mold on the sides... That's what I wish I would have done! But, The guy who did it for me(good family friend) was sick, and one of his workers decided not to listen and didn't mold it... But thinking about it, i'm glad he didn't since he would have just painted the sides of my car, and since the body kit is a slightly diff color than the rest of the car, it would have really look strange having the sides a diff color as the doors, hood, etc...

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am molding the sides, leaving the front and back unmolded though, i just can't decide on this color situation, anyways it's 12:30 and it's not here yet! i want it sooooo bad, web site says out for delivery so i'm just waiting on the edge of my seat.

·
Registered
283 Posts
lol i know how you feel i got to go to work today and my hood says out for delivery :/

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I molded my side skirts and front bumber and wish i didnt do the front. Becaused I messed it up and now have to cut it off and paint will come with it. So just do the sides :tup: Well now Jason has a silver BC buddy ;)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's here!! well all i've had time to do is get the front on, fitment is average to bad, somewhere in between. I will post pics later tonight, gotta go to the eye doctor right now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
KansasMX6 said:
it's here!! well all i've had time to do is get the front on, fitment is average to bad, somewhere in between. I will post pics later tonight, gotta go to the eye doctor right now.
oh god he possed by the mx6 body kit gods :((

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Good luck with the install. :)
Id say to mold the rear as well. The rear is sooooo much easier to mold than the sides, but since your doing the sides might as well do the rear at the same time.

Leave the front detachable in case you ever need a FMIC ;)

Jason - PM me about gas filler relocation.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i had to e-mail the pictures to myself because the camera i was using was borrowed, so i went and e-mailed them to myself and gave the camera back. Now i'm back and the pics didn't get here! i guess i'll have them tomorrow, the front and back are both one, back fit pretty good, front was average, the front right has a bit of adjusting to do but i'll get it done, sorry bout the delay, i really wanted to show you guys!

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good point, i just called the guy, he didn't delete the pics, he is going to try and resend them, we'll see, if my car ends up looking a 1/4 as good as your stealth, i will be one happy mofo!

·
Registered
761 Posts
u said bad fitment? where did u get your kit from? I would always suggest going to TC sportline... mine fit with minor modification

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the fitment wasn't that bad, i got it from thefallenangel here on mx6.com, it was used.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts