Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SHIT THEY JUST BUILT A NEW EXPRESS WAY IN OUR CITY AND AT NITE WE GO OUT THERE AND RACE...ANYWAYS A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A SI AND WE RACED AT 40 MPH AND HE PULLED ON ME...HE WON BY LIKE A QUARTER OF A CAR...HE HAS AN FIMIS INTAKE AND I HAVE A WEAPON r INTAKE...IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR THE MX6...SORRY GUYS...BUT TO MAKE THINGS FUNNY MY FRIENDS GSR LOST TO HIM TOO!

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
The Civic Si is respectably quick, especially on a roll where it's already in the meat of its powerband (i.e. all hooked up, >6000RPM). Stock, the car has only 4 less HP than your but weighs nearly 300 pounds less. It's not really suprising it was a close battle.

As well, doesn't that Weapon R you have suck hot underhood air? You might have been down a few HP due to that...

BTW, you might now want to reconsider your profile statement:

"Interests:beating hondas......i have a 93 mx6 ls leather and its faster than any other vtech!"

j/k :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
isn't this kill story material...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm glad to hear when people admit they lost. That had to suck.

I had a Civic Si beat my 1990 MX6GT, I was like, "Guess he ain't no ricer!!". It didn't have the usual array of stickers.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
that's funny IH8RICE

(imagine how a stock Mustang GT would feel beside that Civic!!!!!! Talk about embarassment!)

·
Registered
666 Posts
There's this modded out ricer Civic SI here where I live. Little punk with his hat backwards, sitting so low in his seat I dunno how he sees the road. Boy, he sure thinks that thing is fast, and it IS pretty fast. He stomped my ass flat when my car was stock. But, now I've got a rebuilt engine, and an upgraded ECU on the way, and we'll see then who beats who.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey whats wrong with kids who wear there hat backwards and sit nice and low in their seat??

Anyway the SI is pretty much an equal to the V6 mx6. Once you get into modding it though, there are alot more mod available for the civic which there for makes it easier for them to get it slightly faster. remember this guy only lost buy a 1/4 of car which is not much at all. Any little thing like a bad start, or someone had inside curve or even something like wet tires could have made the difference.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nothing wrong with it, but, it, combined with the riced out civic, just makes him the picture of a bad stereotype, you know what I mean?
Hard to explain. I sit low in my seat, and used to wear my hat backwards too... but, with this guy, he just looks like a punk. And I guess to be fair, I used to look like a punk too. Okay, I don't know what I'm trying to say, I retract the statement about him with his hat and sitting low :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I beat a blue SI off the line a while back, like before I joined the website. It was close but not that close. I guess the poor kid didn't know how to drive. One wanted to race today in Dallas but there was too much traffic and I'm not ready to die. LOL!!! Anyway I guess I'm glad I didn't race him, b/c it sounds like I would have been embarrassed!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
ROCKMX6 said:
SHIT THEY JUST BUILT A NEW EXPRESS WAY IN OUR CITY AND AT NITE WE GO OUT THERE AND RACE...ANYWAYS A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A SI AND WE RACED AT 40 MPH AND HE PULLED ON ME...HE WON BY LIKE A QUARTER OF A CAR...HE HAS AN FIMIS INTAKE AND I HAVE A WEAPON r INTAKE...IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR THE MX6...SORRY GUYS...BUT TO MAKE THINGS FUNNY MY FRIENDS GSR LOST TO HIM TOO!
Is your can an ATX or an MTX?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Woodnutz said:
It's a Honda. God Honda's are horrible.
Now now, as much as I don't like Honda kids myself, that Vtech design is pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts