Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do i get them. i plan on pushing 325 with my setup and i want beefier rods.

·
Registered
637 Posts
And of course the cheapest solution is Milli S rods.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking millenia S rods. but i wasn't sure. any thoughts on them?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i was thinking millenia S rods. but i wasn't sure. any thoughts on them?
a local guy has a built ze with milli rods and wiseco pistons.Hes at 11:1 compression with a 115 wet shot and hasnt had any hiccups so far.IIRC, the milli rods should hold up to around 400whp.IMO, its not worth spending loads of cash on more expensive rods, since the tranny will give out long before you push the rods integrity.Id suggest, milli rods and JE or Diamond pistons.Im contemplating selling my milli rods since im staying n/a now, pm me if your interested.

·
Registered
637 Posts
^^^ seconded, you will probably never get into the risky power range to fubar up these rods without blowing your tranny first.

IPP claims they will hold up to 20psi.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet. does anyone know where i can get KLZE pistons?

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you use milli S rods you need custom pistons. They have larger free floating wrist pins.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes. true, just the word CUSTOM got to me

·
Registered
637 Posts
yes. true, just the word CUSTOM got to me
Custom yes, but big custom price no. Go to importperformanceparts.net, then go to Mazda, then go to Pistons, Wiseco, and on that page(the second engine listing no KL Pistons) there are pistons for "Mazda Millennia S KL 2.5L (21mm Pin)" . These are the pistons for the milli S rods.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and those are the ones i need?

·
Registered
637 Posts
and those are the ones i need?
If you get a set of Milli S rods then yes they are. If you want to confirm that those are the ones get ahold of IPP and ask them to make sure. They are pretty good with responding to email.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I have those 8.5:1 Wiseco piston from IPP, pick them up with a machined block for 700 bux locally, they gonna go with the S rods I got from nate_v8.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have those 8.5:1 Wiseco piston from IPP, pick them up with a machined block for 700 bux locally, they gonna go with the S rods I got from nate_v8.
I kinda wish I hadn't sold them, but I'm still on the fence about building an engine.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well, if you do decide you want the pistons, Corksport sells them. Iirc, they're around $300 for the set?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts