Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my windows tinted... BTW, it'll look better soon, those white "bubbles" around the edges are gonna be fixed. Just have to take it in whenever it's sunny after having it sit in the sun for awhile to get that taken care of.

It's not as dark as I hoped... but it's legal :) 25% on fronts and 20% on the rest... its that new 3m stuff that came out... peachy stuff.

BEFORE TINT:

AFTER TINT:

Doesn't show tint... but I just liked this picture.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hey, that's very clean. Love the look. The tint is pretty dark enough, well in the pictures at least. I like that last picture too :tup: Are you gonna paint the lip or leave it black?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
how are you going to get rid of the bubbles??

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lip will be left black... but painted (i'm painting my entire car black once I get the sideskirts on)

The guy at the shop that did it said for me to come in on a sunny day... and he'll get rid of the white stuff. I figure he's just gonna use his fingernail and a pin to get the bubbles out. He wants my car to look good because I hand out cards for him and people would wanna see what he did for me. I figure he wont be able to get rid of all the bubbles, but I did one 1/4 window myself yesterday.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Finally doing justice to the lip.. all the other installs were so ****ty.

:)

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Sweet! :) Looks very good.

Mici

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If it's just been tinted the bubbles will go away within a week. My dad's Ranger tint job did the same thing. Also, what kind of wheels do you have? I'd love those in gunmetal.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
your car got stolen yesterday? I'm sorry to hear that. They took my girlfriend's friend's car for a g-ride and straight f*cked it up. Man, that's some sh*t.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow.. I guess your car looked too good. :E

So what happens now? I'm guessing your insurance will cover it and all.. what are you gonna get now.

And I'm sure there has to be a story to go along!

E2k

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay... well wednesday morning I woke up and looked out the window to say good morning to my baby. And she wasnt there (something was, but I couldn't tell what). So I'm like.. "well.. maybe I parked it around back". So I go to the garage and look out there... nope. So then I'm like "maybe my Dad needed it".. nope, Dad was asleep.
Then "MOOOOMMMM" (come on, you would do it too lol)
So I'm like "where's my car" and she's all "are you serious?"
So I go out to where my car was, and it was only the window, shattered, but held together by: the tint. How convienient.

So I get a police report and everything, and now the insurance is like "we only cover up to 1500 dollars on stereo equipment". Well that took me by surpise. So I'm gonna lose some money on that... but they're gonna cover everything for the most part.

Right now I'm looking for a 98 240sx to drive to death till the engine shows being near death, and then swap in the sr20det. Until then, i'm just gonna get it looking sexy. 16 second 1/4 mile on the stock 4 banger sucks... but it'll be a 12 second car down the line, faster if I wanna drop even more money (depends on the job i get)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts