Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMMM so worried. Just got home and tried to put my passenger window up and it sounds like it wants to go up but its just not going. CAN somebody please help me out. I need to go to school and I cant leave my window down. I used to be able to make it go up with my controls(driver side) and the passenger button never worked but now both buttons wont make it go up. Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its all the way down. Cant grab it. Do you have AIM for me to talk to you through??

·
Registered
61 Posts
you need to find out if it's your switches that are bad or the motor mechanics.

if it makes SOME noise when you push the swithc, it's probraly something with the motor or linkage.

use a flat screwdriver and pop off the interior door covering, it all comes off really easily once you remove like two screws from the panel. you can then maybe tear some of the weather proofing away to get at the window.

or just tape a trash bag over your window opening and forget about it

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i agree with azl. if you hear a grinding type noise its the motor assembly. the gear teeth are probably warn off too bad to grab and move the window up. hope ya get it fixed!!

SolarSlash

·
Registered
446 Posts
No AIM. (hate AOL:)) If the window is all the way down and you can't grab it, then take the door panel off so you can push on the window from inside the door. If the motor is trying to do its job and just can't quite grip, you should be able to help it along so at least your window is rolled up while you find a more permanent solution, ie. buying a new motor...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
we dont have teeth... our windows are operated by a cable... a lot can go wrong...

i hate aol too but feel free to IM me... Str8Pimpin4Sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts