Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking it to finaly get painted tomrro and dont know what color to do siver(agian (geting lots of body work done/ clear coat is coming off)) of yellow a corvette yellow I saw one of thier cars painted the silver I "WAS" getting but i wanted to cry it was hidious ( god the color still scares me) so what do you think? I also thought lime green but the ass's don't offer it, or it would be lime green. PLEASE HELP!! OH YEA GOT MY HOOD!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I assume you are getting the outside painted. If so, I would stay as close to stock color as possible so your trunk, engine and other interior painted parts don't clash. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
xeon said:
I assume you are getting the outside painted. If so, I would stay as close to stock color as possible so your trunk, engine and other interior painted parts don't clash. That's my opinion.
I totaly agree with this. If anything add a little pearl or a different shade to the existing color to make it a little different or to add that chamelion effect. On the other hand, I would also try to be different but go with what you like. I mean, i have seen a couple of yello wMX6's out there already, but I never sen a lime green, (nor would I ever want to)... I would say stick with silver, but that's just me. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
do what you like man. but if i was going to do it stay stock. or add a little something to the paint. if you paint the entire car you have to drop the engine out. but i guess that is ok. when you do that buy a KLZE ahhyeahhh

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah i got my ze, and now i am thinking about the paint thing...wish i ghad the loot when the engine was out of the car...but i got an atx, so i am just gonna find a shitty 5 spd w/o engine pref for DIRT CHEAP this summer, get it painted, and drop im my engine...

...here's my paint idea...do the whole car deep metallic purple...but you know that chamelion stuff, well i know it will cost about 10k, but i am gonna get flames done on the front in color changing blue and white in alternating directions so it looks like the car is on fire?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
good idea with teh 5spd swap.
the paint idea i would have to see it to know realy what you are talkign about. but it is your car and it sound lik eyou want it to be a show car. if that is it then do it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Paint!!

I think Im going to do yellow but make it a lighter yellow and add some silver to it to give it a metailic look what do you think??

·
Registered
283 Posts
bro honestly I would say either yellow or that light light green like a neon green, thats diffrent and hot

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with Mx64u2catch. Yellow would be nice!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Silver is the color

I found the silver im getting my car painted it's the coolest silver of them all ( I think so anyway's) oh well THANKS FOR ALL YOUR OPIOINS THEY HELPED ALOT!!! by the way it was going to be yellow then I saw this silver at a diffrent shop its cooler/ cheaper and better work!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts