Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today , i was just looking under the hood of my car, and i noticed that on of the smaller belts on the side of the engine had like a flap hanging off it and whas almost off the pullys. so i brought it down to my mecanic and had it put on for 44.20 total price... the price of the belt was 22 dollars... just letting people know..in case this happens to them..when you have it replaced make sure they put a Gates Micro V on it..instead of some cheap belt....

has this happend to anyone before? what did it cost you to change the belt?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Has anyone ever had a belt or more specifically a serpentine belt start to fray or come apart? Is that the question? Well my answer is yes and it usually only costs me about $20 dollars becasue most serpentines are a DIY for anyone. These should be general checked items because this does happen. My in-laws just got towed (200+ miles) back from the beach from a busted belt and I think one of the damn pulleys came off too. Don't ask! My wife's van (looking at it the other day) looks like a royal PITA. Generally it's just a loosen the tension, pop off the old one, put the new one on and re-tension. Labor = $0, Satisfaction of saving labor charges,.. priceless... ;)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
also knowing you did it right...

and my belts are only $8 each. and i use kelley-springfield... not a cheap belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts