Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 94 MX6, 2.5V6, 5spd. I have had good luck with PowerSlot rotors. But the are rather expensive ($80 each) and I have never been thrilled by the slight rumbling sound they make on hard braking at highway speeds.

I looking to replace the FRONT brake rotors with ;non-slotted, non-drilled rotors.

What is the best brand for front brake rotors for the 2nd Gen MX6?

Is there a consensus winner among MX6ers?

What experiences have you all had (good and bad)?

My primary concerns at this point (car is 21 years old) are longevity and resistance to warp-age.

My front pads are Raybestos ceramic pads that seem to work well. The only reason I have to replace the front rotors is that the dust shields are half eaten away by road salt allowing road salt to pit the inboard surface of the rotor badly. I have turned my current rotors and I don't think they can be turned again.

I was going to get Brembo 25349.
http://brembo.mycarparts.net/products/Brembo-09558410?product_application_id=5411142026

But I have read some poor reviews suggesting they don't last long (less than 20,000). Of course longevity would certain depend on the pads used.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
78 Posts
I pretty much always recommend OE parts, unless you plan on going the performance route. OE front rotors from these guys aren't much more than those Brembo rotors you posted, and are what is designed for the car. Those are just my two cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best is subjective. For daily driving, oe rotors are good enough. If you want aftermarket brand, Brembo and Centric Premium rotors are a good choice.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
I've been racing on OE rotors and aggressive pads for over a decade now. Never let me down.

OE style rotors, decent pads, and a well maintained braking system are all you'll ever need.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts