Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im searchin for a new clutch / kit cause mine is slippin like crazy. What would be a good brand for a decent price?
- Exedy
- Luk
- ACT
- Clutchmasters

I saw an Exedy on ebay for $125. Worth it?
Exedy for $125 on ebay

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Graph6 said:
Im searchin for a new clutch / kit cause mine is slippin like crazy. What would be a good brand for a decent price?
- Exedy
- Luk
- ACT
- Clutchmasters

I saw an Exedy on ebay for $125. Worth it?
Exedy for $125 on ebay
I don't know anything about the Exedy....thats an OEM type replacement isn't it?

I really was very happy with my Clutchmasters Stage 1.
-Garrett

·
Registered
848 Posts
ACT is usually the most expensive, but you get what you pay for, so...

I have a Centerforce stage 1 and I hate it, so I can't reccomend that.

Invest the money in a ACT clutch and a Fidanza, or Unorthodox Racing flywheel, it's a lot more convinient (and cheaper) to get both done at the same time.

Juggalo

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Vtecthis said:
i heard using an mx-3 flywheel is lighter than the mx-6 flywheel also, may save you a couple bucks by taking a trip to the local junkyard :cool:
Hah, think you posted the wrong quote, but yeah. Go to an autozone, they are already resurfaced there :)

Also, the ACT clutch is not necessarily the best.
-Garrett

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
^:tup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
funzie said:
If you want the best go with the Clutchmaster Stage 3. If you want the best your budget can allow, get the Clutchmaster Stage 1.
CM stage 1 is nice for bolt ons. Friend has one in his KLDE'd MX3, not a bad clutch at all.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
look, you have a stock motor. you dont need a hi-pro clutch. spend about $115 for a oe replacement, go to autozone for an mx-3 flywheel $50, have it all put in for another $300 and you will be happy. a hi-pro clutch is only worth getting if you are pushing a lot more hp and torque not on a near stock engine. save your money for the labor.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
And break the damn thing in properly. With many clutches the lifetime of the clutch is determined just as much by break in as by build and design. i've seen a lot of VERY nice clutches fall flat on their face due to inproper break in.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have an exedy stage 1, and it works great, i make 153 wheel horsepower on it and it holds up great.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Just follow whatever they tell you too to a T. They come with instructions. Generally it's simply not abusing the thing for X amount of miles. I've seen some VERY nice ACT clutches not last for a damn mostly due to being raced far to soon after install.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hey sorry,

didn't want you to waste money if you were going to have a stock motor. now, a turbo is a whole other story. definitely need to beef up the clutch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.