Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering my next purchace to be an intake system. Does anyone have some ideas or maybe an intake sytem that didn't turn out okay. Any help would be appreciated.

Later Guys,

Chris Jenkins
"coolmx6"

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have the Hks but i dont really like it to well i mean it is nice i mean it is better than the stock box, i would get the PRM intake or the hotshot, i would like to have the PRM intake, i know some other people have the hotshot or the PRM intake they can tell u more about it thani can

·
Registered
134 Posts
Both the PRM and the HotShot are good. The HotShot are a little better as far a power goes, I think. However, if you get a lot of rain were you live the PRM might be the better choice because the hotshot can get water in it; or so I've been told. I have a custom intake with a k&n filter but I think I'll be changing soon and I'll probably get a HotShot because it doesn't rain where I live.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm probably gonna get a prm intake, it's cold air too. But I also seen a weapon R intake for out cars? does anyone know anything about it??? IS it better than prm??

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe that the Weapon-R intake for the MX6 is only for 4 cylinders. At least that's what NOPI's webpage says.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
just pull your stock box off and shove a filter over the mass air sensor, cheap and effective!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah that's what I have. I took off the box and put a k&N filter on it. I still would rather have a real intake like the prm.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man.....

twinturbo6 said:
just pull your stock box off and shove a filter over the mass air sensor, cheap and effective!
Where did you get your intake and what brad did you buy?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just ordered my K&N Generation II kit this after noon, I will have it saturday afternoon so i will let you know how it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts