Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would like to see a picture of my 1988 Mazda MX-6, which i think is the best looking one i have seen, e-mail me at [email protected] or IM at TrplDragon.

IF you do decide to look at please tell me what you think and what i can do.

TripleDragon

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just how great is it?

Post a pic of it.
Until you show yourself this one Rulez

(yes it was raining the day I clicked these off) :cool:

LL&P

Wòó

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's a 4/89 actually, but Australian build.
Really though I just like showing her off :D
Looking forward to your pic MX-Nick

Wòó

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sure is :D
Straight from the factory.
Really depends on the light though, this was taken on a really overcast day (so looks black), but in bright sunshine looks almost AquaMarine as you'll see on the below pic of another Aussies MX (thanks Dom ;) )

Glad you like it, and thanks :cool:

LL&P

Wòó

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How

If someone would tell me how to post images on the page i would do so. SO please someone tell me. I think mine loks a little better than all those.

TripleDragon

·
Registered
282 Posts
U guys have seen my 89 aussie MX6.
You vote! He needs to post his or get it on a page so we can see it!

I personally dont know how to post still. Please email me [email protected] and tell me how.

But go to my cars page and take a look for yourself! Its still not finished.

http://adrian.ebanctrade.com/mx6/

I dunno if that worked. well see!!
Rhys.,.

YEP it did. Sweet!!! Theres my baby! I wanna see more Gen 1s out there, We need more pics and stats of them!
anyone with any Gen1 pages please email me them. It would be sweet! Im new to MX6's as you can see!! THEY ROCK!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
U-FO0l said:
U guys have seen my 89 aussie MX6.
You vote! He needs to post his or get it on a page so we can see it!
:eek: That is nice looking UFO0l! On your website... the before picture in the exterior section... is that the factory (J-spec) front spoiler? US GT's already have a large intercooler opening but that one looks killer! What body kit do you have? I noticed you de-badged the front grill. Is the whole car de-badged?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
you might have us there u-fool. I have to admit, you have a lot of stuff we would like to have...like that body kit. But i still think mine is right up there with the best of them. Thats an 88 right?

·
Registered
282 Posts
2Rusty, Im not quite sure about the bodykit. I will note that the car was done up most of what you see. I have only had it for about 1 month and am crazy about it!

The front bar is actually an add on to the standard. Half of the standard is cut off and then the add on added! This add on has been modified more to fit more room for the intercooler. The whole car isnt debaged as there are holed at the back if you take them off I believe but yes the front grill is debaged! I want to get the rear badges off so it will keep some people guessing!

I am actually in the process of getting s front splitter to lower the front more. It kinda sits a little nose up! The intercooler hangs a litle lower then the bar now and although it looks tough, someothers thing it looks gay.

I have mroe pics. Well three but there will be mroe. If you wanna email me Ill send them to you!

RHys

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yup; factory black. Picked up a Dewalt polisher and will be working on the "test" car (another black 92 MX6) to hone my skills; then this guy is getting the full treatment.

Corners??? Would not be so sure about that. Will shortly have 215/55R15 or 225/50R15's on the car. (currently 205/60's) Along with the the ties/front/rear strut bars... the corners are no problem. :cool:

Besides, 4WS helps with qucik lane changes and parking, but not all that great for twisties. And all that extra weight... :)

Still, we are talking about "best looking". :eek:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Do you have the weight of your 17's? Those here in the states that have had 17's are moving back down to 15-16 because of less weight and quicker times. 17's are 90% looks.

15 or 16's with low profile tires will handle great along as it is matched with the right suspension.

Oh, and as far as cornering goes most, adding swaybars to our cars can actually hurt cornering. I had them on the car and used them for AutoX, I went back to stock because they were "too" stiff and caused loss of traction. Do a search on this form for more info. http://www.probetalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=14&3395

1 - 20 of 49 Posts