Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that I'm gonna get a steering wheel, Actually my fiance' is gon aget it for me...(She's the best) So I need to know where is the best place that I can get these from at the cheapest price. Also, for those of you who have done this already, I know you need an adapter. in order to install it. So where can I get this adapter and how much is it.

I'm looking for the black one on the right. Too bad they don't have a silver 2 tone....

[Edited by JPMX6GT on 10-18-2000 at 07:21 PM]

G

·
steering wheels

Yeah.....I also need a new steering wheel for my car. I was also thinking the way you were and wanting to buy a MOMO one. How much have you found them for? I have a red MX-6, but most likely I am going to get the black one...dont want to make my car too tacky through the inside. Let me know about the prices of the steering wheel and the adapter. Thanks.......peace.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah... definitely the Momo Apache. I fell in love with that wheel as soon as i saw it. I'm getting it in all black... I'll try these places out and also some local ones.

Any of you guys have any other places.. whether on the web or local shops that deliver... let me know... Anyone know CB performance's number in cali??

·
Registered
830 Posts
Same here, I fell in love with it, the first time I saw it. The line....The curve...The... Hehe, still talking about the steering wheel? But, I really like the D shape design. The one I got for my RX-7 is the blue one.

BTW, if you really want the silver, you can always take it to the custom fibracation shop and have them redo the cover.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What about......??

Yeah, but if you get a new steering wheel, what about your air bag? Isn't that like $800 or sumthing? What about the cruise control buttons?

·
Registered
830 Posts
well, sometime there are trade-offs. Since I replace the stock steering wheel with the momo, I don't have cruise control anymore, and no airbag. Too bad, Mazdaspeed did not come out with racing steering wheel that has airbag, like TRD. As for the cruise control, you can re-locate it if you want, but it just too much work. And since I hardly use the CS anyway.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ANOTHER PROBLEM

I went around to 2 Import Shops around here and theytold me that since removing the Air Bags is illegal, Momo doesn't have a specific application for the MX6. First of all I need to find out if they in fact DO fit, which I think they do Second of all, I need to know what adapter was needed SPECIFICALLY, and where I can get it from. Any help is appreciated!. thanks!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welp.. I got it.....

Yup I ordered it from http://www.Ultraperformance.com. They had the cheapest price I found in all the shops I called. I got:

-Momo Apache (all black)
-Mazda 626 adapter (hopefully will fit on the MX6)

Not too shabby for $270 shipped

it WILL fit right.. please say it will....!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Jorge,

I tried to call my friend, but he was out of the town for 3 weeks. Althought I did it about 3 years ago, I remember that I had to order the 626 adopter for my car, because Momo did not have anything specific for the mx6. At least that's what I remember...

·
Registered
135 Posts
if it helps at all... a buddy of mine has a 93 626. it has a steering wheel very similar to that of the mx6... it may have 4 spokes instead of 3. good luck with your adapter, dude... i hope it works, that wheel would look sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts