Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 V6 M edition MX-6 and I was wondering what is the best spark plugs to use? Also at 60,000 miles what belts should be changed? Thanks for the help!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
i am not sure about the spark plugs, try champion. u can change the alternater belt for sure, check the timing belt, and the ohh there is one more next to the alt belt, cant remeber what it is but check that one also

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe NGk are factory for the car. That is what I run at least and I'm happy with them. Also definatly change that timing belt that is the last belt you want to go out on you. Check the others for cracking and such. Hell I would change them since you have them off anyhow.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
NGK, Bosch Platin +4, and autolite are pretty good. I am using Bosch Platin +4 right now and they are pretty good, but you can't go wrong with NGK.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
kingnajar said:
what advantage does a good spark plug give...? I always thought it was just for starting the engine?

Smoother idle, better fuel efficiency, and more fuel burnt, so theoretically you MAY get some better performance. You will if the plugs you already have are old.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
platinum +4, They work real well.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Platinum plugs work well... sure... for like the first 1 or 2 weeks. then if you check them, I bet you you'll see that they're burnt or corroded. I used to run Bosch +4 plugs on my car when I first got them. Then after a couple of weeks, i took them out to clean the oil from them and they were almost completely black. With the NGK's, I have no problems.

·
Registered
475 Posts
As far as spark plugs go there are these type called ultrasonic spark plugs that claim to increase horsepower and mileage quite drastically. I did not purchase them yet but I might just do it because they are pretty mucht he same price as a regular palt. plug. If you look in the back of any big car amg like Road and Track or motor trend they advertise them. I believe they have a website as well but I'll find that for y'all later. Just some extra info on another option as far sparks go.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
NGK ALL THE WAY!! Other types claim to increase hp but it's a load of shit. Do you really think that you can gain 10 hp from 5 dollars? Didn't think so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts