Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get some new springs next summer and i'm wondering which ones between Eibach an Intrax would get me the best traction (in a straight line ). I went to the track this summer and realize that 14's won't be possible with my crappy suspension ( too much weight transfer to the back, i can actually see the hood pointing up). I've heard that the Intrax are soft(more weight transfer), but they're also lower (Less weight transfer) than the eibach. So I'm wondering which ones will give me less weight transfer, thus better traction.

I'd also like some opinion on struts, but i'll probably go with tokicos since the KYB are pretty much like stock from what i've read on this site.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Lol, looks like another 626 owner in the same boat as me :) Its great hey. My last was [email protected] on 13psi.

I think I will be delaying this for a little though, other car priorities as ever though.

I did manage a 14.8 on less boost though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
how about this

why not try this if you worried about the weight transfer.
some eibach's up front with tokico's in back. leaving the back at stock height. regular kyb's or stock up front. wouldn't that work..since the eibachs only drop the front by an inch...shouldn't be toooooo noticeable. that will keep the front tires down. to bad you have to buy the springs as a set and not just the fronts. but atleast you can buy the tokico's only for the rear. and when you not at the track you can have the eibachs fully on and then put the stock ones back for the track. i have seen a crx with a set up similar to that but actually raised the back instead. but he got good traction as compared to before. his 60ft dropped 0.2 not sure about the 1/4, but by your mph...you should be low 14's....good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts