Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best turbo to use as a bolt on upgrade
i dont want to go custom manifold ect
i heard RX-7 turbos fit and the WRX ones also ??
can any one tell me for sure which one does and which would be best in the way of spool up
i would like to run 10 - 15 psi
would a engine with 110,000 handel this ??

·
Registered
666 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend. You can upgrade your stock turbo with a t-bird wheel. Prices vary, but, can range from $350-$500. You'll be able to run 15 psi all the way to redline with that turbo.
Charles on www.probetalk.com offers the RX-7 turbo. It's about $800 and Anarchy here on this board could tell you more about it.
Finally, Raw Power offers the WRX turbo, I believe he charges $1,250 for this beast, but, it's definitely the way to go if you can afford it. It's huge in comparison to the stock turbo, but, thanks to the dual ball bearings, it spools up just about as quick. I don't think I'd want to run anything bigger than the T-bird upgrade without thinking about rebuilding your engine.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
RIXMX6-2 said:
I used IHI's ball bearing version of our stock turbo, and what a difference! Spool-up time is greatly improved, not sure about boost improvement seeing as the old turbo was FRIED.
Where'd you get this?? So basically it's an RHB5 centersection, just with ball bearings? Do the coolant and oil lines match up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts