Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best car wash concentrate, polish, and wax? Also how do I get tar off the paint? I tried searching but I got like 700 results and most didn't have anything to do with what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
anything by mothers is great stuff for wax, polish, and cleaners
as for the tar i am not sure.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When you shop for car wash soap make sure it says it doesnt strip the wax, and dont buy one of those soaps with the "wax" mixed in it. they are no good. dont use dishwashing soaps or anything your not sure of on your paint. For wax i used the meguirs 3 step system. its time consuming but well worth it. also i use meguirs gold glass, i think thats what its called, wax. its pricey but well worth the money, keeps my car nice and shiney, then again i wash and wax every weekend.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
SoloTimeMX6 said:
When you shop for car wash soap make sure it says it doesnt strip the wax, and dont buy one of those soaps with the "wax" mixed in it. they are no good. dont use dishwashing soaps or anything your not sure of on your paint. For wax i used the meguirs 3 step system. its time consuming but well worth it. also i use meguirs gold glass, i think thats what its called, wax. its pricey but well worth the money, keeps my car nice and shiney, then again i wash and wax every weekend.

Any pics of your car after a wash and wax?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mothers or ClayMagic - Clay Bar - removes tar like it is dried mud

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car washing system (http://www.autodry.com/) wash your car to get off ALL deposits, then don't worry about drying... the special polymers and filtered water are used to ensure your car is clean and water sheets off like crazy...

Meguir's Gold class is the best wax...

if you want a premium job, call a detailing shop that has a good reputation... ask them for quotes or ask them for advice!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I use mothers car wash soap and wax after. Seems to do a pretty good job.

Here are some pics

That is just after a wash, unfortunatly i dont have any pics after a wash AND wax, but it looks pretty sweet :).

-Bryce

G

·
Hello,

I just bought a second hand MX-6 and I am thinking of polishing it immediately.

If I have a Car Waxer Machine, should I choose those solid-like wax too?

From the reply above, it seems that
Mother and Meguirs are pretty good.

Do you think I can do some premium job by using the wax machine?

Any comment will be appreciated. =D

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Ok, not too sure what you mean by car waxer machine, but i will assume you mean a buffer. If it is indeed a buffer, that will help save you some time, but im not too sure if it will in any way help the end product. If you really take your time, spend a few hours waxing and polishing by hand it will come out pretty dam sweet. You know you are about half way done when your arm feels like its about to fall out of ur shoulder socket, then u switch to the other arm :).

-Bryce

·
Registered
146 Posts
meguires 3 step is great - don't pay anyone to touch your car - they won't love it appropriately. My mom bought me this instant spray wax called Final Detail from QVC (stop laughing) and in between major jobs it does an amazing job. So, go hardcore with meguires a couple times a year and touch up about once a month with this wax is my suggestion. Maybe that's a bit extreme for you, but that what I do - in addition to washing any time I have know I have at least a 4 day stretch with no precip and sometimes even in the rain if I'm in a bad enough mood.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Si[xXx]er said:
Ok, not too sure what you mean by car waxer machine, but i will assume you mean a buffer. If it is indeed a buffer, that will help save you some time, but im not too sure if it will in any way help the end product. If you really take your time, spend a few hours waxing and polishing by hand it will come out pretty dam sweet. You know you are about half way done when your arm feels like its about to fall out of ur shoulder socket, then u switch to the other arm :).

-Bryce
Karate Kid: "wax on, whacks off...":p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I work at a carwash, and I find the best way to do it is I "borrowed" a bottle of the concentrated wash, wax and drying agent solution. I wash my car (which is repainted in a pearlescent silver :: pimped ::) and polish it thoroughly with a high quality shammy to get that showcar shine. Well, it won me third place in a carshow a month after I got my first car... must be on the right track :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts