Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
dont know much about the FE but last time i checked copper is metal.....unless youre looking for titanium or multilayered teflon coated steel

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
400hp range is doable on the stock kia/mazda

but the boost levels required to make the 500+ mark will certainly require more. unfortunately, there arent many options out there for these motors in terms of headgaskets.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think SCE makes a copper one. I am not sure how good they are. I know you have to use some steel wire o-ring or something like that. I never used a copper gasket before.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much does it cost to o-ring the block? who would u go to for that? any machine shop in the local area ok and able to do? or is there a special place i gotta go to? i know copper is metal. what i meant was steel-beaded or somesort like that. reason i don't like copper is because they say that it expands too much throughout the heat ranges and it leaks all the time because of it. people who use it say they like it for like circuit track and so so because after the days over, they tear it apart and reuse the copper head gasket. so this is what i've been told. i don't know for myself if it's true or not either. thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You guy's made a cnc flange for the exaust and you don't just make a cnc headgasket from a copper sheet ? If all that it take's is a AutoCAD designer i'll do it ! I'm a certified AutoCAD designer and i'll receive my FE3 tomorrow ! (my tracking number say so)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
my friend has a sce headgasket with thr wire on him Conquest. he drives it daily, and it works great. I saw his block was o-ringed. I'll see if I can dig up a pic of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts