Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, my brakes look anorexic and i cant take it anymore. anyone know if maybe RX-7 (93+) would fit? if not, any REALISTICLY priced big brake kits? lemme know. thanx. L8R.

--Nick
BLUMX6

·
Registered
488 Posts
The best big brake kit price you will find is from Hye-Dra-Cel and Greg Haggopian. The kit runs $1100 or so for the front end. It's a family business and he is a Probe owner. I've personally riding in a car equiped with his kit and it really stops. Almost left seat beat bruises on my chest. If you don't quite want to spend that much just yet you can get a set of PowerSlot rotors, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines and Axxis Metal Matrix pads. It's a great combination and will really imporve you stopping distance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the rx-7 brakes? they're mazda. they're the same bolt pattern. and most important, they're bigger. feedback?

·
Registered
488 Posts
They have the wrong offset on the rotor itself. You would need to make a bracket to more the caliper over so the rotor would even fir, adn I think they are ticker than the stocks ont eh MX-6. There is a brake parts company in Australia that has the demensions of all stock brake rotors listed on their web page, but for the life of me I can't remember what their name is. Anyone from Australia remember?

·
Registered
25 Posts
www.dba.com.au

I think you may be thinking of this site.

do powerslot rotors really make a difference? I can understand the pads making a difference but I thought cross drills and slots was just a gimmick, anyone out there who has them like to comment??

Z

·
Registered
488 Posts
The powerslots only help keep the pad a little cooler. I just switch back from mine to stock replacements and I can notice the difference. For normal street driving there is a little difference but you relly begin to notice it out on the track when the brakes begin to fade. Oh yeah, the dba site was the one I was thinking of, thanks. Another choice for big brakes is a kit that one of the Probetalk guys is making, it runs 4 piston calipers and larger rotors like the Hye-Dra-Cel kit but is supposed to cost a little less. When he finishes it I'll post pricing and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts