Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Bigpond Cable ?

503 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ducktape69 
#1 ·
I am under the impression that Telstra are updating there Metering Software.

Now they are saying that downloads wont be recorded.

Has anyone else heard this? Is it a Brisbane thing? Or am i totally wrong.

Hmmmm VIDEOS. 700 mb = about 2.5 hours.
Will have to stock up on the "Red Bull".

#3 ·
After being on cable for a while, we've learnt never to trust their usage meter. Constant mess ups, inaccuracy etc...

But apparently they are updating the software. I got an email from them this morning but didn't read it in full. If it says anything related to this I'll post it up tonight when I get home.

Ps: don't take Whirlpool seriously. :eek:

Regards

Zako

#5 ·
This Telstra videothon is great. Web is running abit slower and should have done a hardrive upgrade.

#7 · (Edited)
We have managed to download about 10 movies so far. Speeds are varying between 6 an 120 Kbs /sec.

The two P III's are getting an average of about 20 Kbs.

The P IV is hitting the 100 Kbs on a reg basis.

Oh and everytime we try to download SWAT, it ends up being something else. 3 times now this has happened. When we preview the download, its like a lucky dip......

#8 ·
thats why u dont download from kazaa and all those file sharing programs. get on mIRC and get urself on some private ftp's. mind you it will take some time to get on good FTP's. as i was almost busted by the FBI about 1 year ago(no BS!!), i left that **** and got interested in cars instead. :)

#9 ·
Guys, check out the new plans!!

Hahaha, they finally introduced Unlimited

I'll be joining that mudda now! 3 gig no longer, unlimited here I come. Time to upgrade my HDD now me thinks!

Oy cam and caleb, you on bigpond.broadband.users?

Regards

Zako

#10 ·
10 gig then the speed "MAY" drop to 64k

Starts next year.

Woohoo......

#11 ·
same here. will be rejoining tomorrow :)

#12 ·
my connection should be going live in about a week. after that, i will be setting up a private FTP with the mx6 user manual(PDF format) that craig has sent me for anyone who wants it.(about 60-70mb total)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.