Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI, all. Looks like the forum is dead, but in case anyone can provide me some info, that would be great.

From all the research I could find here the VJ11 and T-bird VC32 share the same exhaust wheel dimensions, but the compressor wheel of the t-bird is larger by about 3mm (39mm vs 36mm for VJ11). I stumbled on a billet wheel that has the following measurements:

Nose Dia: 10.00 mm
Inducer Dia. : 40.00 mm
Exducer Dia. : 52.50 mm
Extend Tapered Tip Exducer Dia. : 56.02 mm
Tip Height: 4.05 mm
Super Back Height: 0.00 mm (Flat Back)
Overall Height: 22.60 mm
Bore Size : 5.10 mm
STD or customs size : Custom size
Blade : 5+5
Trailing angle : 60 Degree
Bore Type : Through
Fits OE Comp Hsg : Modification required on OE comp housing
Cutback : 0.0
Rotation : Forward

I assume this is a shoe-in with potential minimal machining of the housing, since this one is allegedly 1mm wider.

Thoughts?

Edit: just found the wheel dimensions for T-bird VC-32 from IHI and VJ11:

I wonder how precise those guys are with their 40mm inducer.
Inducer "ØA"
Tip Height "B"​
Exducer "ØC"
Hub Length "D"​
Bore "ØE"​
Trim/No. of blades​
Style​
Inches​
1.625​
0.190​
2.068​
0.950​
0.201​
62 trim/5-5​
Flatback​
Milimeters​
4.83​
24.13​
5.11​

I H I to Turbo International 039T-049 3-F-1295 COMPRESSOR WHEEL BR4219E RHB5

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been chasing a few manufacturers out of China/Taiwan, as well as U.S. The options are there and don't cost much if there is enough interest. Lowest quantity I got so far is 5 units for $55 each with $35 shipped to my door (lead time 4-6 wks). That was from mambatek (reputable ebay seller). Otherwise that 40mm wheel is readily available on ebay as well. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small vs what? I've put close to 200 wheel on a mustang dyno on my VJ11 on less than 10 pounds of boost. When I put a t-bird in, it was a night and day difference at the same boost level (i do need to get retuned, as was running a bit lean). I am running this on a ZX2, not a MX6, so it might be different. T-bird was a straight bolt-on vs trying to figure out new mani and piping for a T3/4 or whatever else. Got one for $250, but turned out to be a lemon, leaking from the turbine side, so was researching the wheels to slap on my good VJ11 (and balance it) and re-use the tbird comp housing. Couldn't find any manufacturer's specs on the forum, so really just sharing what I found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts