Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was drivin the other night and a new 3 series pulled up beside me and he was revvin and stuff to get my attention... so i just smiled and revved her up..... and i just embarrassed him..... Like it wasnt even remotely close..... it was like racing a civic dx..... ha ha ........ Im thinking its because o the traction control in the BMWs that dont allow him to peel out... but im not sure. It must have been a 323 or possibly a 325... I didnt see the badging..... I doubt i would have cleaned a 330 like that..... But still..... what a freakin SLOW car....... I was deeply disappointed honestly.

Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
I believe it was the 323, they have like 140 horsepower or so, and they are cheap. Is it a hatchbach kinda of bubbly looking?... then that would be it. It is quite cheap too for a BMW...to bad they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe it was the 323, they have like 140 horsepower or so, and they are cheap. Is it a hatchbach kinda of bubbly looking?... then that would be it. It is quite cheap too for a BMW...to bad they don't make them anymore.
I think you're talking about the 318... it has a 1.8L I4 that puts out 138hp... Frankly, it doesn't live up to the emblem on it's hood! It's like a wife's sunday car for grocery... like the Accent of the rich!:p You're right, they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope....... too new to be those.

It was a 4 door, and it was a 99 or newer model... the newest body style..... 16" BMW factory wheels..... the nicer ones i guess...

Mike

Dont know how I did it..........

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey quit dissin on the 318ti's!!!

you ppl stop dissin on the 318ti's! sure they may be the hondas of bmw's, but that doesn't mean you have to diss on it constantly. sure they're slow stock. after all, they got a 1.8L 4cyl engine pumpin a measely 138 stock, and go from 0-60 in a pitiful 10.4 seconds. But you can change that, obviously. The main thing you would want to do to make a 318ti haul ass is to swap the pos 1.8L 4cyl engine from it and drop a M3 3.2L inline-6 in them. A lot of people have done that before (check out the February 2001 issue of Max Power). It drops in easily, but in order to handle the engine mods you would want to put on the newly swapped engine, cuz i know a lot of you would never leave a car stock, you'd have to utilize a OBD-II-to-OBD-I conversion. So with that conversion, you can strap nitrous and a RMS supercharger with ease in that baby. And then upgrade the shitty suspension the stock 318ti has with a Stage 3 Dinan Suspension kit for tight cornering and great handling. Then to improve the looks, I suggest getting a Hamann body kit with cutouts for dual exhaust in the rear apron. I could go on and on, but I like to leave this short. So in other words, the 318Ti is RWD :-D
Are there any other hatchbacks on the market that are RWD? If it were up to me, I'll take a 318ti and mod the hell out of it then to get a front digger civic hatchback. And I'm sure most of you would too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i almost forgot this

With all those mods, the 318ti would be a complete beast if ever challenged. With all that shit done to it, it would prolly take 4.2 seconds in 0-60 and mid to high 12's in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
BMW's tend to be too heavy for their own good sometimes but it also keeps them planted to the pavement.
Sorry, the 318ti would still be ugly and what about the ones with the stupid sliding cloth sunroof. Cheesiest excuse for an open top I've ever seen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree. BMW's are ridiculously heavy for one reason or another, but hey, it still doesn't affect performance, now does it? I mean, look at the 2001 BMW M3, it weighs about 3400 lbs, but its still fast as hell. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of the low 13's, STOCK! Not to mention that they look A LOT better than any other luxury coupe on the market. Guys, its not just about speed when it comes to BMW's. Its the combination of speed, luxury, and styling that distinguishes BMW's from other cars. And one more thing, the M5 weighs just about 2 tons, yet it can kill a Ferrari 360 or even a Z06. Nothing can touch the M5, with its powerful 400HP, 5.0L V8. It is, after all, the most powerful sedan on the planet. No doubt about it. BMW M POWER!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The most powerful sedan on the planet

The most powerful production sedan on the planet .
AMG produced a version of a E series Mercedes
with a 7,3 V12 with 600hp,
I belive it are in the guiness book of records 2000 maybe 1999 are not shure:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
my bad

yea you're right. i shouldn't have said the most powerful. i meant to say its the world's fastest stock sedan on the planet. is there any other sedan that weighs over 2 tons accomplish 0-60 time in 4.8 seconds and a 1/4 mile time in the low 13's? i don't think so. one more thing, Mercedes sux. BMW rule! merc don't even offer a damn stick in any of their cars, with the exception of the C-Class and the CLK-GTR. merc's are for pussy drivers who can't drive a REAL car like a BMW.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Re: my bad

DJPePe said:
yea you're right. i shouldn't have said the most powerful. i meant to say its the world's fastest stock sedan on the planet. is there any other sedan that weighs over 2 tons accomplish 0-60 time in 4.8 seconds and a 1/4 mile time in the low 13's? i don't think so. one more thing, Mercedes sux. BMW rule! merc don't even offer a damn stick in any of their cars, with the exception of the C-Class and the CLK-GTR. merc's are for pussy drivers who can't drive a REAL car like a BMW.
My wallet trys to hide under my desk when i even thinking of buying a BMW.
I`ll keep driving Mazda:cool:
I guess my next car would be a Mazda too:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would never buy a another car then a Mazda again.
I had a volvo 460 before I buy a MX-6 and have had much trouble with that grandfather car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea volvos suck, just like any swedish car. but german cars are without a doubt, the best. you know as they say, If it ain't German, its crap (with the exceptions of Japanese, Italian, and SOME British cars).

G

·
I read an article on the AMG mercedes.... It'll do 205mph (or so....) that's when the computer shuts it down because of the tires... but it does have potential for more... Call me crazy but I think that is pretty damned fast (especially for a luxury tank) That is sick ! :V

·
Registered
329 Posts
In europian they have a list with the best technical car's.
The japanes cars win always, mazda and toyota are always 1 and 2 on the list.
The europian cars came around number 20 and later...
Says enough I think. ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
German vs jap

DJPePe said:
yea volvos suck, just like any swedish car. but german cars are without a doubt, the best. you know as they say, If it ain't German, its crap (with the exceptions of Japanese, Italian, and SOME British cars).
I belive the jap cars are more reliable than the german
you cant belive all the shit who happens with them
ps i work as a mechanics at a VW/Audi dealer:eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
BMW 330

First of all I do not advocate street racing!!

Now, I was @ a light and I asked my friend to tell me if that BMW was a 323 or a 325. I said 325, so I pulled closed behind him and revved a bit (stock 96 MTX 2.5 v6) So he goes and I follow for a short run. Then I see 330...I was like, oh sh*t, my ass is bout to get spanked....

Low and behold, through all of the dipping and swerving, I was right on that guyz ass. I felt soo proud!!! We pulled up and he gave me a a nice lil nod and we parted wayz.

I thought to myself that it must have been an automatic, but still, I should have been smoked. Too bad we weren't on a highway.

BTW, a couple of weeak ago I go shitted on by a 300M @ 100+

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
went to visit some friends at a college a few hours away from me...

met up with some of her friends, one of which had a month old 330 and was eager to show it off... ***note i had the jeep with me at the time...

lol so we race a little - haha i got spanked... HOWEVER - he slows down to mess with me a little, and i promptly pull a left.. he of course follows...

then we hit the dirt road, and eventually no road...

heh. needless to say not all races are about speed :p lol we left that day with him being more impressed than i was - being that - no crap i knew the bmw would beat me in an all out race... but he was impressed with what the jeep could do offpavement.

if ya cant race fast - race smart. MX6's arent so much straight liners - but are wonderful in the twisties...

glad you kept up with him in the twisty stuff!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts