Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, was planning on making a project out of my 1996 M-Edition and turning it from this:

Into this (David's MX-6 was my inspiration), black interior with a retained M-edition flair:

But then this happened:

Then to make the wife happy, used the insurance money to buy her a new car, and I'm now driving her Accord, gee whiz fun! And so, now all the tools, materials, and parts I had been collecting are up for sale! FYI, as many folks have asked, I don't actually have the car anymore, it was totalled and taken away by the insurance company, only parts I have are what you see below. So here we go....

Shop manaul - Spine of the cover is torn about 3" long from the top, but otherwise in great condition, all pages intact. $50 Shipped - SOLD

Hayne's Manual - Just flipped through, like new. $5 + Shipping - SOLD

DeVillbiss Startingline 2 Gun HVLP Spraying system, new in box - SOLD

Brand New Black Floormats, still with bag they came in, never a foot on them. SOLD

Front M-Edition Floormats - SOLD

Also took out the Stainless Steel Kick Plates, good condition. $75 Shipped to CONUS, $75 + Shipping International

M-edition badges SOLD

Picked up a tan leather passenger side seat at one point to replace mine which was torn before I decided to do the black interior switch. Needs cleaned up, but leather is intact & in good shape. $10 + Shipping

My spoiler mounted 3rd tailight was out, so picked off a whole spoiler assembly with working tail light. Thought I could practice my painting on it, spoiler paint is peeling. $50 shipped for the light alone. If you want the whole spoiler assembly, $50 + actual shipping.

Several of my window trims had the black covering peeling off, so picked up several in plans of replacement. 3 Passenger Side & 2 Drivers Side Door, 2 Drivers side & 2 passenger side rear window trims. Make me an offer.

Picked up a coin/cup holder out of an old Taurus as can be found in a project on here. $10 + Shipping - SOLD

AT Gauge Cluster - SOLD

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Heating/Air Unit $10 + Shipping

Planned on doing a Blue LED lit interior. Courtesy Light Sold, 2 Four Bulb wide angle (tips flat) 194's, 2 Six Bulb wide angle 194's SOLD , 2 six bulb round tip 194's, and 2 twelve bulb wide angle 194's SOLD . $5 + shipping each pair or $10 shipped for both pairs left. These work for the door lights, courtesy lights, or a few of the gauge cluster lights.

Pair of Infinity Reference Series 6812cf 5X7's - SOLD

Have a driver's side door, needs painting, mirror is broken off, exterior lock looks like someone went at it with a screwdriver. Was going to use it for testing my painting skills, and possibly replace my door as it was dented, vs hammering out the dent. Anyway, it's big, it's heavy, probably best for me to just take it to the junk yard & dump it, but if anyone needs anything off if it, or really wants the whole thing, I'm willing to try to take off parts, or ship the whole thing for like $10 for my time plus whatever the shipping would be.

Also random collection of small parts. Silver badges, ash tray, cup holder, dash cubby, switches, visor covers, air vent, courtesy light assembly, rear speaker covers, drivers side door speaker mount. $5-10 for several + shipping, just let me know what you're intested in & we'll work something out.

Passenger side black door card. $40 + Shipping.

Prices are all negotiable, make me an offer if you're interested in anything, going to start putting stuff up on E-bay. Shipping will be combined/minimized if you get several items. Thanks for looking!
Patrik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SauerKraut -
Works for me. I'll get them all packaged up and take them in for a shipping cost tomorrow. Will get back with you tomorrow with the total. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
no tail lights?
edit: errrrrrnt. i just scrolled to the right and re looked at the first picture. that fuggin sucks.

if there are, i got dibs on them.

are those trunk struts in (good) working condition?
if so, dibs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
SauerKraut -
Well, looks like shipping is going to be a bit of an issue. I got all the trims basically sandwiched in between two large pieces of cardboard so that the package was big in two dimensions, but thin in width. The size was basically dictated by the large "U" shape of the rear window trims, so not sure how to really make it any smaller. USPS wouldn't even take it, and UPS was over $100. I'm sure I could get the driver & passenger side door trims in a much more manageable box, as they're straighter, but I'll have to do some thinking on how to do the rear window trims. I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

leps66 -
$17.50 shipped to your zip code.

med_mx6 -
$61 shipped to your zip code.

cf_z -
Nope, no tail lights, GMC Jimmy vs MX-6, Jimmy wins, especially when pushing me into Saab in front of me! As for the trunk struts, mine were shot, had to get it just right to get my trunk to stay open. I had a spoiler FYI. Got these off of a junkyard car, also with a spoiler (the one I have for sale), and they were much better than mine, opened the trunk & it stayed open, no fidgeting. Never got around to putting them on my car, so only tested them out with the weight of a trunk & spoiler a couple times at the junkard, so not sure how they compare to new, but definitely seemed pretty usable to me. Off the car as they are now, one is definitely stronger than the other, difficult to compress by hand, while the other seems pretty strong, but can be compressed by hand. If you're intrested. Say $11 shipped?

All -
Payment by cashier's check or postal money order to:
Patrik Leonard
12711 West 66th Street
Shawnee, KS 66216

Or via Paypal + 3% of total to [email protected]

Please include with payment the item the payment is for and the shipping address. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Full Seat set, Front & Back - SOLD

Have a back seat set. These have some wear, including a cigarrette burn on the drivers side back rest. The driver's side back rest is also missing the metal hook on the back, not exactly sure what those are for anyway, never used them, but just for full disclosure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Couple more things:

7 Piece Autobody Hammer & Dolly set. SOLD

Have a hood I planned on putting a scoop onto & using to practice my bondo & painting skills on. Big and heavy obviously, and probably best to just take it back to the junkyard, but if anyone is really interested in having it shipped, I'll look into it. Probably via greyhound would be the only feasible way, unless you have any other suggestions. $20 for the time to do it + actual shipping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm guessing $10-15. It won't be heavy at all, just not sure what they'll charge based on how long it will be. I'll find out tomorrow for sure & let you know.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
cf_z - Say $11 shipped?
payment sent for the trunk struts. they cannot be worse than mine...

i also just sent you a pm about those LEDs

edit- haaaa fuck. i just realized those are blue LEDs, i thought they were white. <- stupid.
oh well, maybe i'll like em hahaha.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
So, the black leather seats are $200 shipped, for all 4 seats? And it includes the leather to replace the drier's side, if I'm understanding it correctly? Just making sure I'm reading this right...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Simple MX6 -
For the seats, I was actually shooting for $200 + shipping, shipping alone will probably be over $100 considering the size of shipping the whole setup. But yes, it would include the leather to replace the drivers side.

Kansas -
How's $180 cash in hand, pick up local sound?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ah, that's what I meant. I was just referring to the base price for it all, haha.

Thanx. Kind of windowshopping around, to see if it'd be better to get new seats, or try the junkyard, or get my current ones reupholstered in black leather..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wish I was close enough to get the hood and door. Shipping to 70466 would be ridiculous....Did the guy ever pay for the M-Edition logos? If not let me know and will paypal today! Mine are all gone off my M edition.....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.