Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before anyone gets their panty's in a wad... the post was referring to the SVT kicking the living dilly-who-who out of my poor V6 6. I almost never back down from a race but here it goes. I'm driving on a country road w/ few stop lights and about 5 miles of highway b/t each light. I pull up to a newer model Mustang, and as I pull up I notice the SVT on the back. So i'm thinking nothing, but this guy hears my stereo (I had it up loud and the windows and sunroof open) and he starts revving. Light changes... i hit first and he waits I guess b/c I was ahead for like a split second. Then I smell exhaust fumes as he waves and goes flying by me laughing. I knew I was gonna lose but I had to race b/c I've never seen a newer SVT run before and I wanted to know what it was like! IT WAS NICE!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Those are cool cars, must have been fun, I like listening to those V8's

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounded so good as it was passing me by like a pedestrian with a walker. I love V8's, the Trans-am WS6 with exhaust is the best. WOW! Now there's a sweet sound. It looked nice also. It was black with semi dark tint, rims, and it had exhaust as i found out as he got on it. Other than that who knows? Like I said... it was very fun.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Never back down--I like to see'em run also!

To me, no car, none can beat the sound of some good exhaust on a nice 5.0 Mustang. It is like music to my ears, or the roar of a Lion, just too bad most don't have the power that the exhaust portrays.

I haven't heard the exhaust of many TransAms, but the ones I have heard sound tough, but not sweet like the Mustang.

G

·
0 Posts
jiffy6969 said:
Never back down--I like to see'em run also!

To me, no car, none can beat the sound of some good exhaust on a nice 5.0 Mustang. It is like music to my ears, or the roar of a Lion, just too bad most don't have the power that the exhaust portrays.

I haven't heard the exhaust of many TransAms, but the ones I have heard sound tough, but not sweet like the Mustang.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I too love the sound of the old 302, with the right exhaust of course. The sound of one of them @ even 3/4 throttle is amazing.

I wouldn't of minded loosing to a car like the SVT. Nice looking car. Too bad it doesn't have the elegance or stability of the MX-6 or I might actually own one. And I'll never buy a car with solid rear axle... blah!

·
Registered
37 Posts
he may HAVE been trying in the beggining, because I raced a svt (it was black too) and I took him off the line, and the rest of the race was pretty close.

G

·
0 Posts
i doubt that mullet....
iraced an SVT and he owned me the whole time...cept off the start...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mustangs do sound pretty cool. But have you ever heard a ferrari v-12 wide open on a race track. That is the best sound! Nothing compares to it.

G

·
0 Posts
You have to be careful with the SVT Mustang Cobras. They were originally 5.0 (302) v8 with a couple of mods and put out 240hp. The latest ones(96 & up) are 32 valve 4.6 liter V8's. The current ones are at 315hp (or about that) and have an independent rear suspension.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I must say, if I ever went domestic, I would have to go with a mustang. When I drive my friend's '94 GT I never turn on the radio just so I can hear the exhaust and motor. Ahhh, wonderful device made by the americans. Well, they are fast, I raced the one mentioned above, we hit it at 40mph, he left me no prob. Oh well, I knew he would, I just wanted to see how badly. It was pretty bad. You still have to enjoy that beautifully engineered,ha, peice of art. 8D

·
Registered
416 Posts
yeah those stangs are def sweet, but the 94-98 gt's were all noise and no power(well, for a v-8 that is) however those svt's with their 320 horse is another matter entirely.....anyone ever hear the 2000 mustang cobra R's? they have the 5.4 liter v-8 in them, and man, they sound mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!! now that is a stang i would def enjoy driving!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts