Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

me and a friend of mine decided to locate the weaker spots of the old 626 m/a engine. we put the piston in the lowest dead center and filled one cilinder all the way to the top with home made black powder. we made sure both valves were closed. and there you have it:

the 626 2.0 M/A exploded view

blackpowder:

ignition

ignition in engine

filling the engine

exploded view:

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
lol what the heck??

blowing things up is always awesome ;p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I would have loved to have seen a video :D

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
aah so thats whats called an exploded view?
:tup:

well done gentelmen!!!:jump:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
not much to do in holland is there

...lol j/k
Amsterdam is in Holland. I could think of a lot of things I would do there, none of which are legal in the USA. :angel:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
who put solid lifters on that valve train...that doesn't look stock to me

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
While you have that thing apart could you get me a picture of a connecting rod thad wasn't beat to hell. I have now seen the tru meaning to "Exploded View" in my text books.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi

wel the solid lifters are stock. this is the old 2.0 from my 1979er 626. the engine code is m/a. i can shoot you a pic of the rod if you want but what do you want with it???

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Amsterdam is in Holland. I could think of a lot of things I would do there, none of which are legal in the USA.
Most of which aren't legal there either. As Dutch explained it to me that law is a strange one indeed.

An interesting experiment for sure :) Your friend looks like he was taking advantage of those laws! Or is that you??? LOL.

Was there any shrapnel damage to anything near by? The worst part of blowing shlt like that up is finding a piece of it embedded in your neighbors cats head or something.

Fred.

You know you HAVE to post that pic on the wall of the workshop and claim it was detonation damage from home tuning without a knock sensor on 50psi of boost ;-)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah we were kinda lucky. we found pieces of manifold 60 meter away from the''crime scene''. we never expected it to blow up so extreme!! we were hiding in the shed when we ligtned it. we heard an amazing BOOM and we both ran out of the shed to look but we had to go back in because there still was a lot of engine pieces landing everywhere.
this was all done on a kinda abandonned(spelling check anyone?)piece of land. so we didn't hit anything

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
60m were the bits you found, I bet there were more :)

I built a little round bomb out of epoxy once. It wasn't all that good as I couldn't properly pack the gun powder into it, just made a ball about 2cm in dia in some glad wrap (us term is ?) and layered the epoxy around it. When that went off I was 20m away and a piece of it hit the wall of the building behind me pretty hard :)

I'm looking forward to part 2 ;-)

Fred.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts