Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 ford probe se (2nd gen. I4 2.0L 5spd.) with a bad high and low end knock. I am either going to rebuild or replace the engine, leaning toward replacing cause i think it will be easiest. I want to get more power out of the engine and haven't found alot of options for power from rebuild. My plan it to put a probe GT, KLZE, or JDM Mazda 626/MX-6 KF V6 ENGINE. I was wondering if there are anyone has any other or better options i could do. Have the time but not too much money. But want to get her back on the road. Thank you for your time and opinions. :help:

·
Registered
752 Posts
It is a lot of work putting a V6 in a 4 cylinder car and the better JDM MX6 engine is a KLZE not a KF the KF is a 2 litre V6 in the base J-spec model. If you want more power i would build your engine up and boost it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i am thankful for the advice. May just get a PGT not sure yet, but had the PSE for a long time and love the car so might just rebuild for fun. Now would it be a good idea to put turbo in the rebuilt 4cyl. Not to found of Nitrous (at-least in a probe), so really don't want to juice.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
depends on the mileage on the block as well... if you want to have fun i'd say turbo the 4-banger but do aftermarket internals first and if there is high mileage on the block I would get a lower mileage block as well because they weaken over time... keep us posted i'm gonna be doing some work to a KLZE over the winter to drop in in the spring! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts